2015 TV predictions

gophersfan

Reaction score
Yes still 1 game left. But here my predictions on each network the Gophers will be on. Just a prediction.

vs. TCU BTN
at Colorado State CBS Sports Network
vs. Kent State BTN
vs. Ohio BTN
at Northwestern ESPNU
at Purdue BTN
vs. Nebraska ESPN
vs. Michigan ESPN
at Ohio State ABC
at Iowa ESPN2
vs. Illinois BTN
vs. Wisconsin ESPN

looks good except for: Michigan BTN night game, Wisconsin ABC 2:30 game and Iowa open because they will forfeit the season.

I think TCU will be a pretty high profile non-conference game. I'd guess ESPN or ABC.

I think TCU will be a pretty high profile non-conference game. I'd guess ESPN or ABC.

Cam't be on ESPN or ABC, since it a thursday night game and ESPN will for sure will have North Carolina and South Carolina on their network that night from Bank of America stadium. SO that why i think it ESPN2, could see the BTN getting that game, since they for sure want to have a game on that night.

vs. TCU 86/sunny and humid
at Colorado State 74/rain
vs. Kent State 79/partly cloudy
vs. Ohio 75/partly sunny
at Northwestern 69/light drizzle
at Purdue 64/sunny
vs. Nebraska 62/thunderstorms with golf-ball size hail
vs. Michigan 57/rain
at Ohio State 54/tornados
at Iowa 40/sleet
vs. Illinois 32/rain-snow mix
vs. Wisconsin 26/snow
@ Pasadena 70/sunny

Governor Dayton will ban 11:00 am start times and Gopher home games will no longer be on the Big Ten Network.

With so many games set with as few as six days before kickoff, it's nearly impossible to predict which ones will be on which network at which time. The TCU game to ESPN2 or BTN is as much of a lock as there is and the Kent State to Ohio U games to BTN seem pretty safe, but otherwise it's a crapshoot. I'd most of all, regardless of network, like us to get a Big Ten home game in the evening for the first time since 2010.

Ahh. The dreaded CBS sports network. At least it wouldn't be AGGIEVISION. Although I do miss Casa del autos. :cool:

I'm not saying it won't be but I would think that there is a much smaller chance that the CSU game would be on CBS Sports network than the UNLV game was two years ago. Even with their losses, I think that could be an ESPN2 game.

Last year there was no ESPN2 game on the opening Thursday.

ESPN got Boise/Ole Miss
SEC Network got TAMU and South Carolina

ESPNU, Fox Sports 1, Pac 12 Network and BTN also had games.

Someone also has to cover the start of the Harbaugh era at Utah.

Because of the relationship Fox has with the BTN and the Big 12 I could certainly see the TCU game being on FS1. IF not FS1, then it will be on BTN. I could see ESPN going back to the opening night double header with NC-SC at 5 and Michigan @ Utah at 8:15 or 8:30.

Side note...Interesting NC schedule for Michigan in 2015. @ Utah then they host Oregon State, UNLV and BYU.

There is no chance the TCU game will be on Fox Sports 1. Home games for Big Ten teams belong to the ESPN family of networks, including ABC, and BTN. There is no provision for allowing such games to air on FS1 or any other network like CBS Sports Network. The TCU game will be on BTN or on an ESPN channel.

There is no chance the TCU game will be on Fox Sports 1. Home games for Big Ten teams belong to the ESPN family of networks, including ABC, and BTN. There is no provision for allowing such games to air on FS1 or any other network like CBS Sports Network. The TCU game will be on BTN or on an ESPN channel.

I guess I did not think about the home control piece. Off the top of my head I cannot think of a recent BT home game on a network other than BTN, ABC or ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU, but is it a written agreement set in stone? I would assume so. It is an interesting dynamic with the Big Ten Championship Game being broadcast by Fox.

99 percent TCU game will be on BTN.

Why do you say that?

TCU will be a Top Ten (possible #1) preseason team. They are playing a Big Ten team in a major market.

That will be attractive.

Definitely could be on BTN, but I wouldn't say 99%.

Other good games that night:

Michigan at Utah (Mountain Time start could put this as Game Two of a doubleheader on ESPN family)
South Carolina vs. North Carolina (Eastern Time start could put this as Game One of said DH)

That potentially leaves MN-TCU on something more significant than BTN.

Why do you say that?

TCU will be a Top Ten (possible #1) preseason team. They are playing a Big Ten team in a major market.

That will be attractive.

Definitely could be on BTN, but I wouldn't say 99%.

Other good games that night:

Michigan at Utah (Mountain Time start could put this as Game Two of a doubleheader on ESPN family)
South Carolina vs. North Carolina (Eastern Time start could put this as Game One of said DH)

That potentially leaves MN-TCU on something more significant than BTN.

I think the MN-TCU game will be considered the best of the three. Like you said TCU could be #1 and I would be shocked if they were anything short of top 2. They are playing on the road against another power conference team that has had back to back 8 win seasons. To me I would think that would get the nod over the other two. I think we will get the typical thursday night Davis, Palmer, Pollack, Ponder crew.

Not me, i see the Davis, Palmer, Pollack, Ponder crew doing the North Carolina vs South Carolina game. that has that crew written all over it and they will be on that game book it.

Governor Dayton will ban 11:00 am start times and Gopher home games will no longer be on the Big Ten Network.

Let's pass a law that all Gopher Football games must be on ESPN3 so half of us can't see them. And we'll charge the ones who can a $1000 seat license to use their couch...

Sorry to bump this up. but i completely forgot something, TCU game can't be on ESPN2 that night. ESPN2 has US open tennis. damn i screw up on that one.

Sorry to bump this up. but i completely forgot something, TCU game can't be on ESPN2 that night. ESPN2 has US open tennis. damn i screw up on that one.

We might as well pencil in BTN right now. Which really isn't a problem. If we lose, no one sees it. If we win. People won't need to see it to hear about it.

Top Bottom