gopherdiehard

Reaction score
i know its a bit early, but i was scrolling through the espn rankings for 2014 and obviously tyus jones is number 9 (even tho hes probly 1 or 2), but i clicked on some of the other minnesota kids names and was surprised to find that rashad vaughn is ranked 37 reid travis is ranked 61 and thiessen is ranked 92... and i read the evaluations on these guys but iv wondering if anyone has seen them in person and are they worth of these rankings.. vaughn i have heard could be special but iv never seen him play.. if these rankings hold fairly similar this will be the most loaded minnesota class in a long time and an important one for the gophers being that they all play different positions as well so we could get them all

'14 is a very good class. Jones, Travis, and Vaughn will be high majors. There are several others that will break into that group with time and exposure.

A lot of talent in this class for sure. High major? Regardless of what some might think it's too early to know for sure. Jones is the head of the class and a lock. The rest? It should play out for about 6-8 of those kids assuming they continue to work or in some cases get bigger or change positions.

Should be a fun class to watch develop.

What I've seen from a few MN kids other than Tyus (plus LeRon)...
Theissen will probably grow at least 2 inches more. I wouldn't be suprised if he were a high major, also. He has some skills, but still seems kind of uncomfortable in his tall body. Every year he gets better, becomes more skilled, and looks less clumsy.

I haven't seen Vaughn.

Travis can play. He could work a little bit on ball handling and outside shooting, but in general, he looks like he'll be a very solid D1 prospect. His style of play: long, hard-working, high basketball IQ is the type that Tubby likes.

We're also going after LeRon Black. LeRon is from White Station (same as Andre), and is incredibly athletic. ESPN for some reason lists him as a Power Forward...he's definetely a Wing with a lot of perimeter skills. He hasn't really shown any major post moves other than: I'm more athletic than you, so I'm going to do some sort of spin or fadeaway or dunk on you. He's very, very athletic and his good ups (he can do 360 dunks and between the leg dunks). More athletic than Tyus, but not close to a good of Basketball IQ. Turnovers are a problem, but his basketball IQ is growing. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up better than Tyus...LeRon's got a lot of potential.

LeRon would be a coup to pull out of memphis, but if anyone could sway him i think the combination of tyus commiting to the U, along with andre's persuation could land him here

Top Bottom