2014 is the Year

Denver_Gopher

Reaction score
It has been too long since the Gophers have won a conference championship. Johnson was President, man had not been to the moon, there was no cable TV, cell phones were only on Star Trek and I was only 7. Only five FBS teams have a longer drought than the Gophers (tied with Indiana and Temple). Now is the time, I can feel it in my bad knee. Besides, I can't loose the bet I made when JK was named coach that he would have the Gophers in the Rose Bowl in four years. The odds have got to be in our favor , so why not?

It has been too long since the Gophers have won a conference championship. Johnson was President, man had not been to the moon, there was no cable TV, cell phones were only on Star Trek and I was only 7. Only five FBS teams have a longer drought than the Gophers (tied with Indiana and Temple). Now is the time, I can feel it in my bad knee. Besides, I can't loose the bet I made when JK was named coach that he would have the Gophers in the Rose Bowl in four years. The odds have got to be in our favor , so why not?

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?54242-This-May-Be-The-Year

And July 1 is the day. Looking at calendars is a hobby of mine as well.

Don't mind dpodoll. He's just mad that his poodle drew a doodle on his noodle.

I'm not quite as optimistic as you, but I think eight wins is the expectation this year, regardless of the more difficult schedule. I believe the offense will be better, because there are no downgrades in personnel. And coach Claeys is asking us to believe that the defense is going to be phenomenal.

Yep, I'm starting with eight wins and hoping for nine or ten. :)

Don't mind dpodoll. He's just mad that his poodle drew a doodle on his noodle.

I'm not quite as optimistic as you, but I think eight wins is the expectation this year, regardless of the more difficult schedule. I believe the offense will be better, because there are no downgrades in personnel. And coach Claeys is asking us to believe that the defense is going to be phenomenal.

Yep, I'm starting with eight wins and hoping for nine or ten. :)
Claeys did not say "phenomenal", he said "better". We were pretty good on d last year, not dominant, and not great.
If we have an average QB, we have a pretty good team. To win more than 8, Leidner has to be good and not taking bad sacks or missing open receivers frequently. He will improve, but I'm not sure he'll improve that much in one year.
I think 2015 or 2016 are the year, but we'll see.

Top Bottom