2013 INNER CITY ALL STAR CLASSIC

stevenmgr

Reaction score
Sunday I was able to attend the 2013 Inner City All Star Classic. Schoenecker Arena on the campus of St. Thomas University was the site of the 2013 Inner City All Star Classic. I thought that the fan turn out was good. And the games themselves were very well played.

Minnesota Mr Basketball Quinton Lee Hooker did a great job though out the contest as well.

Tyus Jones was in attendance and watched a good portion of the game with his family. Jones is considered one of the top basketball recruits in the country, and will graduate in 2014.

Jones, Travis and Vaughn will more then likely be a part of this annual event on Fathers day Sunday in 2014.

http://stevenssports.blogspot.com/2013/06/2013-inner-city-all-star-basketball.html

I guess I don't understand the point of this game. How is this an "inner city" AS game? Cullen Russo is not from the inner city. He didn't even play basketball here this year, he was at a prep school. When he was here, he was at Bloomington, which by almost all definitions, is not the inner city. Do they allow white players in this game? And no way will Jones, Travis or Vaughn be in this game next year. First of all, Apple Valley and New Hope are not the inner city. Second of all, they only get two all star games after they finish HS and they aren't going to spend it playing in this game.

I guess I don't understand the point of this game. How is this an "inner city" AS game?QUOTE]

I went one year to check out Royce, Jett, etc.

Not a fan of the event & will not be going again.

I guess I don't understand the point of this game. How is this an "inner city" AS game? Cullen Russo is not from the inner city. He didn't even play basketball here this year, he was at a prep school. When he was here, he was at Bloomington, which by almost all definitions, is not the inner city. Do they allow white players in this game? And no way will Jones, Travis or Vaughn be in this game next year. First of all, Apple Valley and New Hope are not the inner city. Second of all, they only get two all star games after they finish HS and they aren't going to spend it playing in this game.

I took a minute to read Steven's blog post (tough read) and noticed Harry Sony from Apple Valley was in the game. So, Inter City must be more like Metro & possibly not include out-state players. I know, still doesn't explain Russo being involved. Music being played and announcers doing play-by-play. Sounds like an "And 1" wanna be event.

I'd guess Tyus may have been there watching/supporting Harry - they have played together most years since they were 7-8 years old.

Top Bottom