2012/2013 Bowl Games Thread

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Figured we could start a thread to talk about other bowl games.

Not much defense in the first game. Nevada up 38-28 over Arizona in the New Mexico Bowl. Nevada has 35 first downs now and it's still in the 3rd quarter!

For comparison, the Gophers have a total of 36 first downs in the last three games.

Wow what a finish to the first bowl game! Arizona gets 2 touchdowns in less than2 minutes with no timeouts and then gets the interception to finish the game. A great game if you like to see some offense and great way to start bowl season.

That was really crazy! 70 total first downs and 1,234 combined yards in the game.

This thread has nothing to do with the Gophers. It should be locked.

How was that for my supadupa impression? I think I nailed it. :)

Carry on.

Heard on KFAN yesterday that The Arizona vs Nevada game recived a higher rating than the Indiana vs Butler basketball game on CBS this past weekend. Wow football is KING! Or people most people dont care about College Basketball until March.

It's been a pretty non-descript early bowl season so far. Hopefully the post-Christmas-NYE day bowl games get things going heading into the higher profile games.

Go Gophers!!

Former Gopher Eskridge not having a good day so far. I think he has less than 10 yards rushing. San Jose St. losing to Bowling Green in the 3rd.

Finally getting to the bulk of the games. The UCLA-Baylor game should be a good one tonight.

Former Gopher Eskridge not having a good day so far. I think he has less than 10 yards rushing. San Jose St. losing to Bowling Green in the 3rd.

Finally getting to the bulk of the games. The UCLA-Baylor game should be a good one tonight.

Exactly what I was going to post. SJSU offense is not really clicking, but it's neat to see Eskridge play either way. Hopefully he busts out a long TD run.

Bowling Green got screwed. It sure looked like a fumble near the goal line that would have resulted in a touchback.

Anybody just see the punt by the Duke punter in the Duke v.s. Cincinnati in the Belk Bowl?!

79 yard punt! Carried at least yards in the air! Wish we had a punter that could kick like that!

Because of Dick "Dukie V" Vitale I hate Duke so much that I find myself hoping their football team gets killed tonight. Go Cincinnati.

Did I just hear that *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ing mush-mouth Holtz say it was unfair to Cincy that the team has an interim coach because the head coach left for a new job.

You prick-o-crite.

Baylor is looking really good right now! Their offense is so good!

That was a crazy end to the Duke-Cinci game. Game tied and Duke fumbles inside the Cinci five yard line with under two minutes left. A few plays later and Cinci scores on a long pass to a TE. Then they pick off a pass and return it for another TD in the closing seconds. Duke goes from nearly scoring the game winning TD to losing by 14.

Sure glad the Gophers didn't have to play Baylor. They're crushing UCLA right now.

Duke goes from nearly scoring the game winning TD to losing by 14.

And the line was Cincy -9. Would have been fun to be at a book watching the emotions during that ending. Fun game to watch.

Also, the two earlier games today both covered the over. UCLA/Baylor has an O/U of 82, and they are on pace to cover that over too.

When i turn on ESPN tomorow i better here about how down the pac 12 is!!!!

42-13 Baylor if a BIG team was playing we would be hearing about how down the BIG is!!

Top Bottom