2011 Game-By-Game Predictions

CP Gopher

Reaction score
OK, this is just for fun. But if I'm anywhere close, I'll be on here singing my praises.

1- USC 39 Minnesota 20
2- Minnesota 38 New Mexico State 12
3- Minnesota 30 Miami (OH) 27 OT
4- Minnesota 27 NDSU 19
5- Michigan 37 Minnesota 17
6- Minnesota 29 Purdue 26
7- Nebraska 43 Minnesota 18
8- Minnesota 26 Iowa 23
9- Michigan State 41 Minnesota 9
10-Wisconsin 32 Minnesota 23
11-Northwestern 30 Minnesota 22
12-Minnesota 36 Illinois 20
13-Meineke Car Care of Texas Bowl: Colorado 31 Minnesota 26

You could be right or you could be wrong but ........

OK, this is just for fun. But if I'm anywhere close, I'll be on here singing my praises.

1- USC 39 Minnesota 20
4- Minnesota 27 NDSU 19
8- Minnesota 26 Iowa 23

...... you obviously put a lot more thought into this than the national prognosticators. They are truly clueless about what is happening with the football program at Minnesota (nor do they care).

My prediction is that 2011 team will play harder, faster, and better with fewer mistakes than the 2010 team and likewise the 2012 team will be better than the 2011 team. I feel pretty good about my wild and optimistic prediction but I have always been a BIG risk taker (sarcasms). I just wish the Gophers were a stock so I could be buying it now before the prognosticators and the rest of the country figures out that Kill is the real deal.

Real Deal

"My prediction is that 2011 team will play harder, faster, and better with fewer mistakes than the 2010 team and likewise the 2012 team will be better than the 2011 team. I feel pretty good about my wild and optimistic prediction but I have always been a BIG risk taker (sarcasms). I just wish the Gophers were a stock so I could be buying it now before the prognosticators and the rest of the country figures out that Kill is the real deal."

I mostly agree. I'm very worried what our fortunes are if Gray gets hurt.
Also worried if more than one of these guys would get hurt: Stoudermire, Bennett, McKnight, Rallis...if they stay healthy I'm confident we will win 6 or more games.

I too, point blank thought we'd be better in Kill's second year, but after watching practice...we do have a lot of very good seniors. They will be hard to replace. So, I hope we'll be better in the second year but that's putting a lot on coaching. There is not as many "good" juniors I'm guessing without doing my homework.

Excited for Coach Kill and anxious to see how we compete this year.

2012 Team

I too, point blank thought we'd be better in Kill's second year, but after watching practice...we do have a lot of very good seniors. They will be hard to replace. So, I hope we'll be better in the second year but that's putting a lot on coaching. There is not as many "good" juniors I'm guessing without doing my homework.

Excited for Coach Kill and anxious to see how we compete this year.

I did have second thoughts about saying that the 2012 team should be better than the 2011 for the very reason you identified. There are some decent players in this class but the problem is that it is a very small. The scholarship players that are expected to graduate as part of that class are: Gray, Green, Harris, Rabe, Wilhite, Simpson, Hahn, Cooper, Grant, Rallis, Reeves, and Carter. There may be one more that I was not able to identify but even with that player the total number of scholarships is only thirteen. This hopefully will be offset by the large number of underclassmen who I believe will be seeing a significant amount of playing time this fall. This should results in greater dividends from these players during the 2012 season.

The real problem is that the 2013 recruiting class will likely be very small because of the limited number of scholarships that will become available through the graduation of the junior class. I am curious how coach Kill is going to deal with this problem. I am sure he is aware of it and has a plan to deal with it. It should be very interesting to see how this unfolds and its impact.

There is pretty much no chance that Minnesota would play Colorado in the Meineke Car Care Bowl, as it pits the #6 Big Ten team vs. the #6 Big 12 team.

1- USC 39 Minnesota 20
4- Minnesota 27 NDSU 19
8- Minnesota 26 Iowa 23

Not seeing Nebraska laying 43 points on us. I watched them several times last year and their offense is not that good. There defense is pretty tough
I'm thinking 24-13 Huskers. Close game until the 4th quarter.

NE's T Martinez is probably one of the better Big Ten QBs. The difference this year is the U may out coach someone- see WI beating IA last yr with the fake punt. Overall, BT coaches might be some of the best in the nation at this level and Kill has to prove he can hang with em.

Top Bottom