Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 10 (best ever!)

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ewert86PC

Metrodome Era Survivor
Reaction score
How do you rate the 2010 non-conference season?

What is the question???

How do we rate the strength of schedule of the nonconference portion of the schedule?

How do we rate the Gophers performance thus far in the nonconference portion of the schedule?

The primary goal of non-conference play (when looking at a single season) is how it can help the team for conference play. Most teams haven't played four truly tough games before they open the BigTen season. After Saturday, we will have those four games.

Our team knows its small and large weaknesses and can adjust to solve them before we play Northwestern and wisconsin. With a weaker non-con schedule, this never would have happened.

In terms of preparation, this non-con schedule is easily the best in years. Wins and losses? Not so much.

yeah I'll wait to get all the data before I cast my vote.

Please clarify the question of whether it's the gophers performance or opponents in the non-conference

The MTSU game was OK, the USC game OK, the USD game, awful. My grade for the non-conference schedule? Incomplete.

One game remains. That game makes a big difference in judging performance in the non-conference schedule. As bad as the loss to USD, it's still just one loss. We may have an idea what it bodes for the rest of the season, but we really can't be sure yet.

If you're talking about our performance, then of course we'll have to wait until Saturday night.

- If we play well and win by 10+, I would give the non-conference "season" a C
- If don't play well, but squeak out a win, it's a C-
- If we lose a close one, it's a D
- If we get blown out, then a D-

National power? - check
Local rival? - erhm, push, USD is not notable (ISU would've been better)
Other? - middle of the pack teams (reasonable)

7/10

If you're talking about our performance, then of course we'll have to wait until Saturday night.

- If we play well and win by 10+, I would give the non-conference "season" a C
- If don't play well, but squeak out a win, it's a C-
- If we lose a close one, it's a D
- If we get blown out, then a D-

If MN gets beat on Saturday, I think it would be hard to give the NC schedule anything but an "F"

If 1-3 gets an F, what does 0-4 get?

You were never a teacher, were you?

1-3 and 0-4 are both F's. They're both "failing" or "below satisfactory" or "not even close to acceptable" or "Did you grow up near high voltage power lines eating paste?" or whatever terms teachers are using these days.

Top Bottom