2010 Big Ten conference predictions

Personally, I don't think you know your ass from a hole in the ground.

^^^

It's probable that Minnesota goes 0-8 in the conference while the Spartans go 6-2. Why would you even bother posting that rubbish here?

Also, the Valley of the Jolly Green Giant is in Minnesota. Take that dorkwad!

^^^

It's probable that Minnesota goes 0-8 in the conference while the Spartans go 6-2. Why would you even bother posting that rubbish here?

He's just trying to get some sort of payback after we "SPANKED THEIR ASS " last year!;)

He's just trying to get some sort of payback after we "SPANKED THEIR ASS " last year!;)

That is what I was thinking too. Hopefully Weber can perform like he did against them last year.

here is what it will look like come the end of november.
We don't even need to play the season
Final Big Ten Standings
Ohio State 11-1 (7-1)
Penn State 9-3 (6-2)
Iowa 9-3 (5-3)
Michigan State 9-3 (5-3)
Wisconsin 9-3 (5-3)
Northwestern 8-4 (4-4)
Michigan 8-4 (4-4)
Purdue 7-5 (3-5)
Illinois 4-8 (2-6)
Minnesota 5-7 (2-6)
Indiana 5-7 (1-7)

+1

Michigan State probable 6-2. Really? I think the Spartans will have a good O but last year they had the worst secondary in the conference and a poor D-line. Unless that changes this is not gonna happen.

Also, Iowa 8-0. He really thinks Iowa is going to beat Ohio State and everyone else? Or that the Gophers won't win a single conference game? Does this guy even watch Big Ten football?

Spartan4ever, let me know your feelings on this...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lmeWp9mX9Vw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lmeWp9mX9Vw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sorry, I couldn't find a complete highlight video from last year, and I figured it would take up too much space to post all the individual highlights. :D

...But here is a photo that pretty much sums everything up. :p

BCCTUVRRKJYSZVR20091101042242.jpg

Is it just me or is "# of returning starters" the most overrated stat that people overanalyze every offseason? Look no further than the Gophers defense last year for evidence. We returned 8 starters but the only defensive player that was drafted from that defense was the only LB that was a new starter.

Personally I am more worried about our offense which returns 9-10* starters than I am about our defense that returns only 2 starters.

*depending on how many starts a player needs before you call them a starter (McKnight)

Is it just me or is "# of returning starters" the most overrated stat that people overanalyze every offseason? Look no further than the Gophers defense last year for evidence. We returned 8 starters but the only defensive player that was drafted from that defense was the only LB that was a new starter.

Personally I am more worried about our offense which returns 9-10* starters than I am about our defense that returns only 2 starters.

*depending on how many starts a player needs before you call them a starter (McKnight)

Totally agree. Our defense MAY take a small step back this year, but the season hinges on our offense. We need an offense that can move the ball, keep the defense off the field, and put up some points and it will be a very good year

Any time you pick 8-0 or 0-8 you had better have some strong evidence to back that up. Since he lists two Big Ten wins as the best possible, will the poster come back to give some props if the Gophers win more games than that? After all, exceeding what was though to be the best possible case ought to be noteworthy.

Our defense was not "woeful" last year, it was the offense that was woeful. The defense would have looked quite good if there was a real offense. It's always a mistake to assume that a team MUST be worse if they lose starters. It's of course possible, but it takes some research. The defense is a question mark, but just because it is a question mark doesn't mean we know the answer. The offense will almost certainly be better, only because it would be difficult to be worse. With a simplified offense more focused on what the players are actually capable of than on the OC's NFL dreams, the offense should show improvement.

Why does every non local forecast automatically assume Northwestern and Purdue to be 'sure losses' for the gophers? I see us as middle of the pack, fighting for 3-5 wins.

Why does every non local forecast automatically assume Northwestern and Purdue to be 'sure losses' for the gophers? I see us as middle of the pack, fighting for 3-5 wins.

I agree, Minnesota should win both of these games and probably beat Illinois as well. Minnesota will most likely be 6-6 (3-5). If the defense, which only has 2 returning starters, fails to learn quickly, then it could be worse. The running game for Minny is key, without that, there is little chance for success.

Spartan greats Charles Rogers and Plaxico Burress have a better chance of being NFL Co-MVPs than the Spartans do of winning 6 conference games.

Is it just me, or did it seem like Glen Mason's defenses always returned 8+ starters and I was always pissed about it?

So, how's this season coming along?

How's Brewster? How many conference wins do the Gophers have?

Good luck Saturday.

Classy post from the classiest program in the Big Ten!

Though I wouldn't expect any less from by far and away the worst academic institution in the conference.

Any players getting out of jail before the game we should worry about?

So, how's this season coming along?

How's Brewster? How many conference wins do the Gophers have?

Good luck Saturday.

Perfect Michigan St fan, getting cocky right as they're about to have their annual collapse.

Classy post from the classiest program in the Big Ten!

Though I wouldn't expect any less from by far and away the worst academic institution in the conference.

Any players getting out of jail before the game we should worry about?

Pssst..you forgot to tell him about last year and the national championships. The guy was right and every who attacked him was wrong. Why is that so hard to admit? Be the bigger person instead of looking like a sour whiner and attempting a weak deflection.

Pssst..you forgot to tell him about last year and the national championships. The guy was right and every who attacked him was wrong. Why is that so hard to admit? Be the bigger person instead of looking like a sour whiner and attempting a weak deflection.

Because most Gopher Fans live in a Fantasy World...

See, now I'm in a bit of a dilema. I was hoping that MSU would win out so that BB would have no shot at the Rose Bowl, but now we have this guy from a historically mediocre program coming in to gloat and now I want us to win.

See, now I'm in a bit of a dilema. I was hoping that MSU would win out so that BB would have no shot at the Rose Bowl, but now we have this guy from a historically mediocre program coming in to gloat and now I want us to win.

I still hate Becky more...and one fan *WHO WAS RIGHT* about things doesn't reflect the rest of Spartyville...

I'd rather see MSU represent the Big Ten & show a shift in power then see Iowa or Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl...I hate them that much, yes I do...

He was right, but it isn't like he was roundly chastized or anything. by my count there are only ~ 8 posts that were really negative about him. Plus, he got some website hits which is what he wanted. No reason to come and gloat right now. If he was trying to build credibility for his site amongst the rest of the conference fans it would be a much better tactic to let the season play out and come back with an analytical report, not talk trash.

+1 Spartan4ever nailed it and is having a little fun with it. His "return" post was not over the top.

Top Bottom