2010 All-Minnesota Team

RoyalGopher

Reaction score
Someone always makes the All-MN bball team so I thought why not make the All-MN football team. The bball team (think Taylor Hoffarber White Mbakwe Leur) would be a national title contender, and I knew the All-MN football team wouldn't be that good. They look like they would be an average B10 team....

QB Adam Weber - Minnesota - Mounds View
RB Alex Robinson - Iowa State - De La Salle
RB Isaac Odim - UMD - Rochester Lourdes?
WR Mike Floyd - Notre Dame - Cretin D-H
WR David Gilreath - Wisconsin - Washburn?
WR Bryce McNeal - Clemson - Breck
OL Matt Carufel - Minnesota - Cretin D-H
OL Tom Campton - South Dakota - Rosemount
OL Ryan Wynn - Minnesota - Maple Grove
OL Seantrel Henderson - Miami - Cretin D-H
OL Trevor Olson - Northern Illionis - Richfield

DE Broderick Binns - Iowa - Cretin D-H
DE Ra'Shede Hageman - Minnesota - Washburn
DT Anthony Jacobs - Minnesota - Northfield
DT Jordan Eaton - South Dakota - Highland Park
LB Mike Rallis - Minnesota - Edina
LB Blake Sorensen - Wisconsin - Eden Prarie
LB Josh Biezuns - Wyoming - Prior Lake
CB Kim Royston - Minnesota - Cretin D-H
CB Corey Frazier - Rice - Eden Prarie
S Cyrus Lemon - NDSU - De La Salle
S Shane Potter - South Dakota - Becker

Honorable Mention (only a few)
LB Bryce McNaul - Northwestern - Eden Prarie
LB Derek Domino - South Dakota St. - Spring Lake Park
RB Kyle Minett - South Dakota St. - Russell-Tyler-Ruthton
DB Cody Eich - UMD - Farmington
LB Ryan Grant - Minnesota - Eden Prarie

Some info about the less recognizable names....
- Odim was d2 running back of the year and I think an all-american
- Campton was all-conference honorable mention and a 3-year starter
- Olson is a 3 year starter, 2 time all conference, and NIU O-Lineman of the Year
- Eaton led South Dakota in sacks
- Sorensen had 66 tackles and 2 picks for the BADgers
- Biezuns had 7 sacks for Wyoming in 2010 and 3 sacks in 2009
- Frazier is Leslie's son and was a freshman starter for Rice. He led the team in tackles with 60 something according to the Rice website
- Lemon would probably be the weakest spot in the starting lineup. He had 37 tackles and I believe an interception touchdown
- Potter started all 11 games and was all-conference. He had 76 tackles including 16 against Central Florida, and was named South Dakota's Defensive Player of the Year
- McNaul had 62 tackles and a sack for Northwestern
- Domino was all-conference for S. Dakota St. and at least a 2 year starter, maybe 3
- Minett was 2 time all-conference, 2 time team MVP, had over 4000 career rushing yards, and 2 time Academic All-American. Had 112 yards rushing and 5 receptions against Nebraska this year. Had 3882 rushing yards and 47 touchdowns between 2008 and 2010.
- Eich was a d2 All-American

I know I'll miss a ton of people so feel free to tell me who I missed!

Matt Slater from CDH is probably better than the Gopher OL guys on the list. Starter this year as a senior, started five games as a junior and saw action in all 13 games as a sophomore at Boise State.

Matt Slater from CDH is probably better than the Gopher OL guys on the list. Starter this year as a senior, started five games as a junior and saw action in all 13 games as a sophomore at Boise State.

I was gonna mention him also, it could be argued he is the best of the group. I would go with Isaac Anderson over David Gilreath. David is primarily a special teams guy.

Derek Earls from Waconia at Arizona started at LB and had a solid year.

Jordon Waiwaiole from Spring Lake Park at Air Force had a real good year as well.

Others - Grant Olson, Leevon Perry, and Billy Turner at NDSU.

Matt Gratzek, DT, NDSU had an incredible year and was the center cog in their defense. When he was out for two games with a menicus knee injury the defense sucked. Opposing offensive lines struggled with him all year. He had 39 tackles, 10 tackles for a loss, 6 QB sacks and 15 hurries. He forced 3 fumbles and recovered one. My guess he was the best defensive lineman from MN in 2010. He played 9-man in Argyle during the initial period of their winning 6 straight state championships.

Matt Gratzek, DT, NDSU had an incredible year and was the center cog in their defense. When he was out for two games with a menicus knee injury the defense sucked. Opposing offensive lines struggled with him all year. He had 39 tackles, 10 tackles for a loss, 6 QB sacks and 15 hurries. He forced 3 fumbles and recovered one. My guess he was the best defensive lineman from MN in 2010. He played 9-man in Argyle during the initial period of their winning 6 straight state championships.

No offense, but he was not the best defensive lineman from MN last season.

Karl Klug had better stats in the Big 10 (57 tackles (29 solo), 13 TFL, 5.5 sacks), and he was 2nd team Big 10.

For me, when you are compiling a list like this, you need to look at the level of competition. I don't mind a guy like Isaac Odim being on the list because I can't think of another possible Div. 1 player who would be worthwhile to put on the list. My list would go as follows...

QB: Weber - U - Mounds View
RB: Robinson - ISU - De La Salle
RB: Odim - UMD - Century
WR: Floyd - Notre Dame - CDH
WR: D. Gilraeth - BADgers - Armstrong
WR: I. Anderson - BADgers - Blake
OL: S. Henderson - Miami - CDH
OL: C. Bunders - U - Maple Grove
OL: Matt Slater - Boist St. - CDH
OL: M. Carufel - U - CDH
OL: T. Olsen - Northern Illinois - Richfield

DE: Binns - Iowa - CDH
DE: Biezuns - Wyoming - Prior Lake
DT: Klug - Iowa - Caledonia
DT: Jacobs - U - Northfield
LB: Sorenson - BADgers - Eden Praire
LB: Waiwaiole - Air Force - Spring Lake Park
LB: Earls - Arizona - Waconia
CB: Frasier - Rice - Eden Praire
CB: K. Henderson - U - Armstrong
S: no idea who to put here...
S: Potter - South Dakota - Becker

- - -
Just some notes from the original posting...
-Royston didn't take a snap last season, hard to put him on any lists
-Biezuns would probably be more aptly called a DE
-Klug needs to be on the list
-Gilraeth was more productive WR than McNeal on a better team and was a KR
-Anderson was more productive WR than MCNeal on a better team
-Bunders was probably the 2nd best lineman on the Gophers last season
-Only added K. Henderson because I had no idea who else to put

Weather it is Gratzek, Klug, Jacobs at DT or any other arguments - I was pleasantly surprised with how good this team would be.

Where's the kicker or punter?

I know that Soderberg from EP and AFA was 5-10 and 42-44 on kicks. He is a junior and was 2nd team all Mountain West as a Sophomore.

No offense, but he was not the best defensive lineman from MN last season.

Karl Klug had better stats in the Big 10 (57 tackles (29 solo), 13 TFL, 5.5 sacks), and he was 2nd team Big 10.

For me, when you are compiling a list like this, you need to look at the level of competition. I don't mind a guy like Isaac Odim being on the list because I can't think of another possible Div. 1 player who would be worthwhile to put on the list. My list would go as follows...

QB: Weber - U - Mounds View
RB: Robinson - ISU - De La Salle
RB: Odim - UMD - Century
WR: Floyd - Notre Dame - CDH
WR: D. Gilraeth - BADgers - Armstrong
WR: I. Anderson - BADgers - Blake
OL: S. Henderson - Miami - CDH
OL: C. Bunders - U - Maple Grove
OL: Matt Slater - Boist St. - CDH
OL: M. Carufel - U - CDH
OL: T. Olsen - Northern Illinois - Richfield

DE: Binns - Iowa - CDH
DE: Biezuns - Wyoming - Prior Lake
DT: Klug - Iowa - Caledonia
DT: Jacobs - U - Northfield
LB: Sorenson - BADgers - Eden Praire
LB: Waiwaiole - Air Force - Spring Lake Park
LB: Earls - Arizona - Waconia
CB: Frasier - Rice - Eden Praire
CB: K. Henderson - U - Armstrong
S: no idea who to put here...
S: Potter - South Dakota - Becker

- - -
Just some notes from the original posting...
-Royston didn't take a snap last season, hard to put him on any lists
-Biezuns would probably be more aptly called a DE
-Klug needs to be on the list
-Gilraeth was more productive WR than McNeal on a better team and was a KR
-Anderson was more productive WR than MCNeal on a better team
-Bunders was probably the 2nd best lineman on the Gophers last season
-Only added K. Henderson because I had no idea who else to put

"Royston didn't take a snap last season, hard to put him on any lists"

Did you NOT see the way he waved that towel from the sidelines?:clap:

"Royston didn't take a snap last season, hard to put him on any lists"

Did you NOT see the way he waved that towel from the sidelines?:clap:

Or when he stole the "SO" flag from the band members after the Iowa game and was being chased by a couple band members.

Marcus Williams NDSU-Hopkins Shutdown corner

Olson, Turner, Gratzek, Perry, MWILL all could get playing time for gophers.

Marcus Williams NDSU-Hopkins Shutdown corner

Olson, Turner, Gratzek, Perry, MWILL all could get playing time for gophers.

I'll buy Williams being on the All Minnesota Team instead of K. Henderson.

However, the other 4 guys...not a chance.
Grant Olson....I couldn't even fathom an argument for him being in consideration to jump the three that I listed and there are a handful of guys that everyone (aside from deranged Bison fans) would say were better football players in 2010 than G. Olson.

Billy Turner...tough call. He obviously wouldn't jump S. Henderosn, T. Olson, or Matt Slater. I can't fathom that he would be as effective in the Big 10 as Carufel and Bunders.

Gratzek.....nope. He was less productive than Klug and Jacobs, and they played in the Big 10.

Perry? Are you kidding me? You think he was a better football player in 2010 than Karl Klug?

I'll buy Williams being on the All Minnesota Team instead of K. Henderson.

However, the other 4 guys...not a chance.
Grant Olson....I couldn't even fathom an argument for him being in consideration to jump the three that I listed and there are a handful of guys that everyone (aside from deranged Bison fans) would say were better football players in 2010 than G. Olson.

Billy Turner...tough call. He obviously wouldn't jump S. Henderosn, T. Olson, or Matt Slater. I can't fathom that he would be as effective in the Big 10 as Carufel and Bunders.

Gratzek.....nope. He was less productive than Klug and Jacobs, and they played in the Big 10.

Perry? Are you kidding me? You think he was a better football player in 2010 than Karl Klug?

To Lakes defense he just said they could get playing time for the Gophers. This is like arguing the stars, since they are playing at different levels of football. We might get some answers this fall in a head to head match-up.

thanks maxy. I did say playing time.

MWILL would play everyday for gophs.

Billy Turner as well in situations. (add Zach Vraa (2010 mr football) and 2011 recruits Frank Veldman & Joey Sonnenfield to that list?)

It would have taken 2 years for Williams and Turner to be ready for BT competition week in and week out. That being said I would take them on the Gophs right now. But really, there are always going to be some kids that end up being a guy the Gophs "should have gotten".

Lakes, kind of sucks (for you) that Kill is in here now and will be on these types of kids that the Bison have gotten here in recent years.

thanks maxy. I did say playing time.

MWILL would play everyday for gophs.

Billy Turner as well in situations. (add Zach Vraa (2010 mr football) and 2011 recruits Frank Veldman & Joey Sonnenfield to that list?)

Well that is completely not what this thread is about...lol. How is the mere fact that someone could get playing time for the Gophers relevant to a thread about 2010 All Minnesota Team? So you wouldn't have thought it was odd for me to list every kid on the Gophers from MN?

You're adding Frank Veldman (a recruit that I would have liked to see end up with the Gophers) as a guy that you think could be playing for the Gophers next season? Really? I'd bet that you've never seen this kid take 1 snap of football and you're already saying that? Ok...

Top Bottom