2010-2011

balds

Reaction score
Had to chuckle and then sigh the other day. I formerly argued with some rubes at work that the Gophers would go to the final 4 last year. I found a projected roster I had sketched out back in 2009 to prove my point.

C-Sampson III, Iverson
F-Mbakwe, White, Williams, Carter
G-Nolen, Hoffarber, Joseph, Cobbs

Would have loved to see a frontline of III, White and Mbakwe, with Nolen, Joseph and Hoff in the backcourt.
Or a 3 G lineup of Hoff, Nolen and Joseph with III and Mbakwe up front.

But Tubby can't recruit. The problem with Tubby and company is not that they can't recruit, the problem is that he can't keep them healthy.

Iverson needed to go. He was not helping this team. Hopefully, with a year off he will do better for himself. It would have been great if Carter, Joseph, Cobbs and White could have stayed. White is the biggest shame but he did that to himself and most likely Joseph too.

But Tubby can't recruit. The problem with Tubby and company is not that they can't recruit, the problem is that he can't keep them healthy.

Iverson needed to go. He was not helping this team. Hopefully, with a year off he will do better for himself. It would have been great if Carter, Joseph, Cobbs and White could have stayed. White is the biggest shame but he did that to himself and most likely Joseph too.

Ridiculous

Why did Iverson need to go we could really use him!

Why did Iverson need to go we could really use him!

I think at the time Colt left, most of us, Colt included, thought we would have Mo back, Ralph at full strength, and Mbakwe beasting as always. If Colt were still here, he would probably be getting some major minutes right now, sort of like Joseph would have if he had stayed last season after Nolen's injury. At the time though, I could see where Colt might think he wouldn't be playing much behind Ralph and Trevor, and possibly Mo.

Cayman said:
I think at the time Colt left, most of us, Colt included, thought we would have Mo back, Ralph at full strength, and Mbakwe beasting as always. If Colt were still here, he would probably be getting some major minutes right now, sort of like Joseph would have if he had stayed last season after Nolen's injury. At the time though, I could see where Colt might think he wouldn't be playing much behind Ralph and Trevor, and possibly Mo.

And when you are a senior you don't want to be thinking you won't be playing much. Hence the transfer.

I'd rather have iverson and a scholarship opening up than 2 years of Ingram.

I'd rather have iverson and a scholarship opening up than 2 years of Ingram.

Not to slight Ingram at all, but I totally agree. I liked his toughness (when he was allowed to look at a guy without a whistle), and being a senior, he definitely could help.

I would have to disagree. Colton had his flaws but he is a hard-nosed player that could really help this team right now. When asked about playing in the B1G, Jared Sullinger once said that Colton Iverson was hardest matchup for him in conference play. http://www.athlonsports.com/college-basketball/jared-sullinger-singing-eating-and-returning-ohio-state I think that Colton got lost in the shuffle and often suffered because of foul trouble.

Top Bottom