2009 Insight Bowl Ring on Ebay

Just. $19.95 + 9.95. S. & H. Order now and get $30 worth of crab legs totally free, just pay additional S & H.

Sorry. Nice as in funny and nodding in agreement.

If all the ring means to him is $$$ on ebay?.. then I can be not nice.

I'm assuming he already gave it away/sold it because the seller has two other rings from FSU currently for sale on eBay. Must be some kind of shop or collector.

Currently 1 bid for $500. Wow. Too rich for my blood!

If it were $50 or less, I'd consider buying it. It would be kind of fun to wear to football games. Haha

It is private property. Let the highest bidder win. Long live free enterprise!

WOW, I wasn't aware they gave out rings to fringe bowl victories....cool?

I'm serious, I thought the kids got a t-shirt and that's it.....

Rex Sharpe was very, very fast but also kind of short. If I remember right he had a bad injury - pulled the muscle away from the bone in one of his legs. Never came back from it. I hope he got his degree.

But he's profiting off something he got with his student athlete status! Somebody call the NCAA!

WOW, I wasn't aware they gave out rings to fringe bowl victories....cool?

I'm serious, I thought the kids got a t-shirt and that's it.....

I did not know they got rings, but I knew overall they get all kinds of stuff. Every single sponser gives each player from both teams something. I can't remember which Bowl it was for sure, but I think it was the last trip to Tempe that every player got a 42" flat screen TV - and that was only one of several gifts. One year they all got top of the line iPods. One year I think they got PlayStation Portables. They get a swag "bag" that's really sweet. I can't imagine what they must come home with from one of the big Bowls!

What would the price of the materials be? It should go for that.

Currently 1 bid for $500. Wow. Too rich for my blood!

Still 2 hours left and only 1 bid for $500. Make your move, folks! :) I wonder if he had a friend make the first bid to make it look valuable...:rolleyes:

What would the price of the materials be? It should go for that.

If it was gold it would contain less than $500 - $700 of gold (10-14 carat - assumed whole weight was gold). Generally in ring form it'd be worth much less than that because it's easier to process virgin gold than deal with a ring.

Lustrium on the other hand is essentially worthless. It contains literally a few cents worth of metal. It'd be like buying costume jewlery at Wal-Mart and bringing it somewhere for an appraisal. They couldn't even give it a value the materials are so cheap. The cost is all labor.

But he's profiting off something he got with his student athlete status! Somebody call the NCAA!

How can you have the opportunity to get a degree from the U and end up hawking jewelry? Let me guess, a kinesiology major......

Top Bottom