2 Questions, the answers I should know but don't

Rog

Reaction score
1. Why do so many players wear "wrist bands" up on their bicepts?

2. During an actual game you see a young man dressed in our colors standing in the midst of the other teams coaches. Why?

1.) They're for show, they serve no other purpose then to make your bicep look ripped.

2.) Those are the ball boys, there are a couple on each side assigned by the home team.

1.) They're for show, they serve no other purpose then to make your bicep look ripped.

2.) Those are the ball boys, there are a couple on each side assigned by the home team.

JWill's right on both accounts except that the ball boys aren't assigned by the home team at the college level. Each team uses their own balls so each team has ball boys.

Here is a photo of Eric Decker catching a ball at Ohio State. Note the logo on the ball.

DeckervsOSU.jpg

The U has their own ballboys/men. I've seen the same pudgy white kid with the Sideshow Bob hair at home and road games.

It looks like Ralph Spry thought the ball was thrown to him...

the wristband is for show. I used to wear them when I played. Actually it does help though. For me it always made my arms feel tighter which made me more comfortable. When I played/play basketball I always shoot much better with a wristband above the elbow of my off hand. Maybe it's mental

Fortunately Decker was there, so the pass was actually caught.

Spry MAYBE would have made the catch, but in that case a fumble would have occurred moments after. Sometimes I hoped more for an incompletion when the ball was thrown his way.

Sorry to be harsh, I wish every kid would succeed, but that's the way I felt.

^^^^
that's how we all felt. I've never seen a WR with more struggles holding onto the ball

Spry MAYBE would have made the catch, but in that case a fumble would have occurred moments after. Sometimes I hoped more for an incompletion when the ball was thrown his way.

Sorry to be harsh, I wish every kid would succeed, but that's the way I felt.

I wouldn't be surprised if Spry did extremely well with his new team. With all the troubles he had after catching the ball, he did have the speed and route running to consistently get very open. Last year, only Decker was better at it. Maybe the change will get the monkey off his back.

Top Bottom