1999 PSU Question

WadeHokenson

Reaction score
Does anybody have or know of where I can find a picture of the 1999 Game against PSU, when Nystrom hit the game winner? I'm looking for the picture from behind the line of scrimmage as he's kicking the ball. THanks.

Here you go:

28dannystrom1.jpg

That is a really sweet photo - I believe that's LeVarr Arrington (#11) leading the charge for PSU too. How Nystrom got that kick off is beyond me.

That is a really sweet photo - I believe that's LeVarr Arrington (#11) leading the charge for PSU too. How Nystrom got that kick off is beyond me.

That is Arrington. Right behind him is #86 Courtney Brown, #1 overall draft pick in 2000. Arrington was #2. Imagine that - the #1 and #2 overall draft pick bearing down on you to block your potential game-winning FG.

Had to add this (from Wikipedia):

"At the Penn State pro day Brown measured 6'4⅞" 271-pounds, ran a 4.52 seconds forty-yard dash, had a vertical leap of 37" and bench-pressed 225 pounds 26 times."

Are you kidding me?

Oh yeah, I forgot Courtney Brown was on that team too. What a freak of nature - and ultimately what a bust he was.

Meanwhile, Arland Bruce -who caught the deflected pass to set up that field goal, has been tearing up the CFL for years.
http://www.arlandbruceiii.com/index.html

I invested $5 in a Courtney Brown rookie card that year.

Well, you can't win 'em all.

I sort of lost track of him after his college years... what was the primary reason for his NFL demise?

Eventually he blew out his knee.

I think early on he was not particularly motivated to play for Cleveland, as who would be?

Who is the Gopher's #66 in the photo? Looks to me like he doing a great job of holding his ground and that is perhaps what allowed the kick to avoid being blocked.

Top Bottom