18 former Gophers land on initial NFL 53-man rosters

FYI -- > Last year to start the season we had 14 make the opening rosters. This year we have 2 additional rookies and Tyler Johnson and I believe Gibbons weren't on active at start of last year.

Great to see the Gophers getting more people into the show. Excited to see those numbers grow!! Only 2 players have over 6 years in the NFL. The 18 are a relatively young group.

Sounds like mid pack numbers, probably much better than 5-10 years ago I would guess.

Spannferd made the Cowboys 53-man roster and Dalvin Cook did not (practice squad)

Congrats to him I think he will have a long career. I always considered him the most NFL talented player on the roster the last couple years.

Was looking for the "Gophers in the Pros" thread and this was the closest one to that.

The Rams' Puka Nukua is going to be out for a few more weeks and that has thrust Tyler Johnson into the Rams' starting line-up. Cooper Kupp went down yesterday, so that may mean more targets for Johnson. I hope he takes advantage of the situation.

Top Bottom