16 year old Kyle "Bugha" Giersdorf wins Fortnite World Cup singles and $3MM

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

For the second day in a row a teenager took home several million dollars after winning the Fortnite World Cup at Arthur Ashe Stadium in Queens, New York. American pro player Kyle "Bugha" Giersdorf, 16, dominated the competition and netted $3 million on Sunday, becoming the inaugural Fortnite World Cup solo champion.

Bugha defeated the likes of popular fan favorites Turner "Tfue" Tenney and Timothy "Bizzle" Miller, as well as other young talented players, including Cody "Clix" Conrod and Danny "Dubs" Walsh. Bugha was the first player to qualify for the World Cup Finals in the North American East Region in April and showed his dominance throughout the six-game series.

"Emotionally, right now, I don't feel too much, except I know that this could pretty much change my life forever," Bugha said. "It's just absolutely unreal."

Bugha's game plan resolved around picking fights and being aggressive, even at times when they were potentially disadvantageous, and racking up eliminations in every game. That same play style didn't fair well for other players in the duos tournament on Saturday, but for Bugha it netted a substantial amount of points and led him to victory.

https://www.espn.com/esports/story/...-16-wins-fortnite-world-cup-singles-3-million

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom