1500: Tracy Claeys 'very pleased' with state of 'U' defense entering camp

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per 1500:

"I feel more comfortable because we have more competition," Claeys said. "If somebody doesn't play well, hey, next man up is going to get the opportunity. In our first two years we haven't always been in that situation ... I'm very pleased with where we're at."

"The one thing I felt really good about coming out of spring ball was the D-line," Claeys said.

"I think we are the best we've been on the defensive line. I think we have some depth there. Those guys still set the tone of the game. I think we'll be in a position to do that. I think with the depth we'll be able to stay healthy through the year and do that."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...d_with_state_of_U_defense_entering_camp071913

Go Gophers!!

It helps to recruit for the defensive line on a regular basis as a need and not as a low hanging fruit.

The Defensive line has good mass, and acceleration. And we are deep. That bodes well for the line backing. And we have safeties who can cover and clobber. I think Jack Lynn is going to blossom with this talent.

Top Bottom