1500: Circumstances should save Pitino, despite what could be historically bad season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Helfand:

The Gophers have been playing better lately and have been closer to salvaging a win than the standings reflect. In many ways, Pitino looks to have the team headed in the right direction. He helped buy himself some extra time with some talented recruits and transfers coming in next season.

So it seems like even if the Gophers do finish winless conference record, Pitino won’t suffer the same fate as Harold Taylor, who lasted just three seasons and was axed after guiding the team to a 1-11 Big Ten record. Taylor finished his coaching career at the U with a .333 conference winning percentage. Pitino’s is even lower than that right now. But unlike Taylor, he’ll be afforded more time to right the ship.

http://www.1500espn.com/gophers-2/2...espite-what-could-be-historically-bad-season/

Go Gophers!!

My very good friend is the son of a Fortune 50 CEO. His father raised him well - not what most would imagine - and now he's a well placed CEO, himself. His upbringing brought him into possession of qualities most lack. Sometimes gold begets gold. Pitino's an obvious case of the same proper upbringing. Let's stop questioning it - it's clear, and we're lucky, unless we're too f*cking stupid to remain so. Pitino is the real deal.

I hasten to point out that I would not have fired Tubby. I think that was a bad move, in general. That having been said, Pitino was a home run hire. No question.

There are 4 Power 6 teams remaining without a conference win:

Boston College
Minnesota
Rutgers
Saint John's

I believe the Gophers will remove themselves from this list Thursday in Evanston or Feb. 10 vs. Michigan.

There are 4 Power 6 teams remaining without a conference win:

Boston College
Minnesota
Rutgers
Saint John's

I believe the Gophers will remove themselves from this list Thursday in Evanston or Feb. 10 vs. Michigan.

No way they beat NU or Michigan.....Even it was close late, they would find ways to choke per usual....The only game they are going to win is in somewhat blowout fashion against Rutgers.

Top Bottom