1500: Breaking down the Gophers TEs: Is Rabe the offense's 'secret weapon?'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Matt Limegrover's take on ... John Rabe

"I think if you talk to defensive coaches who play us, they don't think of us as a tight end, throw game oriented team. I think that works to our advantage when you have a guy like John. The thing about John is that he is so smart that he doesn't just have to be that guy who lines up next to a tackle. We can move him all over. He can be a third wide receiver type of guy. That's a great thing to have.'

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/..._TEs_Is_Rabe_the_offenses_secret_weapon071212

Go Gophers!!

I think the TEs in this offense will be "secret weapons" in this offense. I look for Goodger and Alipate also to step up to the plate near the goal line and get a couple of TDs each this season.

I think the TEs in this offense will be "secret weapons" in this offense. I look for Goodger and Alipate also to step up to the plate near the goal line and get a couple of TDs each this season.

I like to see the tight-ends get involved in the games too. Loved Utecht and Spaeth. I dunno if kills system has a lot of options to do things with the tight ends though.

Utecht used to move from the line to the slot a lot, and it created some nice mis-matches.

Hopefully these guys can show off some talent and get some plays drawn up for them, like that.

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

Which offense? :p

Any offense. The TE position is becoming more strategic each year. In the NFL, I would say that last year was the year of the TE, with the likes of Jimmy Graham, etc. The game is always slowly changing.

Top Bottom