1500: Breaking down the Gophers LBs: Mike Rallis adapting to new role at MLB

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Tracy Claeys' take on ... Brendan Beal

"I'm hoping we can find some role to define for him that will help us out ... You have an upperclassmen there that at one time was a very good player. Everybody heals different. That's what is probably the most frustrating part right now and that's not towards him or the trainers or anything. At the same time, we've told him to be slow with the rehab and do it right, because he is an experienced player. He does pick up the game pretty good. We're all excited to see how far he's come and to see if he can help us out. It would give us an opportunity to redshirt somebody else and let them develop before we have to throw them into the fire."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...Mike_Rallis_adapting_to_new_role_at_MLB072412

Go Gophers!!

It would definitely be nice if they could find a role for Beal so he can play a bit. But, it does sound like, unless something changes, he may not be playing LB - at least, not much.

That's unfortunate that he may not see time at LB. I think when he came here he was supposed to challenge for the starting MLB spot so a bit of a drop after a couple of injuries. Hopefully he is able to contribute somewhere before he runs out of eligibility or graduates. I feel bad for him coming her with such high hopes of playing at a high level and then having to deal with injuries.

Top Bottom