15,6,2 AND 4

Reaction score
How about a little love for the big man, who made his free throws when it counted tonight!

Ralph had a nice game and he is often times under appreciated. Some fans are not happy with what Ralph brings to the table, they want what they think he should bring, which is not always realistic. Ralph's demeanor and body language tend to bother some people also, but I'm not in that crowd. The big guy is what he is and that frustrates some, they see the potential for dominance and that's not going to happen. I'm hoping Ralph has a solid senior season and is a second team All B10 selection, that would be big for both the Gophs and Ralph. Our season depends on Ralph being solid, not sensational. I'm hoping that's realistic.

Say what you want to about Ralph, but the guy can hit his free throws and he puts up numbers that are pretty darn good when it looks like he is not even trying. It's amazing, really. I am hoping he is moe appreciated by the end of the season than he is now. I coudl live wihtout the fade away hook, though.

I would hope that any 6'11 Sr playing against 6'7 So and 6'6 Jr should be able to dominate down low...Ralph's help defense was slow and his rebounding was average considering who he was up against. I think this team lives or dies on the backs of Welch and Williams...

I liked the part last night where Ralph got the ball on the block facing the hoop and rather than dunking it or laying it in, he spun away from the basket and threw up a baby hook that hit the rim.

I think Ralph is GREATLY UNDERAPPRECIATED. He is a smart player, and once the rubes stop wishing he was Walt Chamberlin, then perhaps he will be better appreciated.

Rouser said:
I think Ralph is GREATLY UNDERAPPRECIATED. He is a smart player, and once the rubes stop wishing he was Walt Chamberlin, then perhaps he will be better appreciated.

How about Jim Shickenjanski or Bob Martin at the least?

Top Bottom