10th Rated ESPN 2009 Recruiting Class

mbakwe

They show Mbakwe as 6'8" and 220 lbs. I thought he was a bit bulkier. Anyone know?

[Rodney Williams] is an accurate 3-point marksman and a stellar defender.

Is the "3-point marksman" part true? Can he suit up for tonight?

Recruiting class

I'm very excited about the recruiting class for next year. Unless Mbakwe's body has changed since he was at Marquette, I'm guessing he weighs a little more than 220 and is more like 6-7. He's going to be a powerful rebounder and scorer inside though if he's healthy, etc.

I've never really thought of Rodney as a "three-point marksman" but he is a creative scorer and super athletic. Watching our offense in the second half of the season it seems like he would have been a big help to get points.

ha-ha "three point marksman" and stellar defender. WOW

How long will those 2 studs stay though is my only worry. Lets hope they are super-productive and want to get this squad back to the final four. I'm guessing they stay 2 or 3 years.

[Rodney Williams] is an accurate 3-point marksman and a stellar defender.

Is the "3-point marksman" part true? Can he suit up for tonight?

I did a huge double-take when I saw three-point marksman. Makes me less proud of our ranking, who knows what else ESPN has wrong.

Only Indiana (8), Minnesota (10) and Illinois (23) in the top 25 for the Big Ten. The Big Ten this year seemed to be on the rise again, but with the 2010 mediocre recruiting classes that rise might be short-lived. Great for the Gophers' chances to win the Big Ten, poor for the conference. If I recall, the Big Ten was strong overall in '09 recruiting though.

With the last 7 freshmen that Tubby recruited, the "worst" of whom is Cobbs, who, by all accounts here, holds good promise, how could this team really go wrong?

I think at some point now that Tubby has brought in some serious talent, that he is going to have to start playing freshmen a bit less such that the team overall has a better flow to it; starting next year already we're going to have some quality upper classmen that should be playing long minutes (DJ, Westbrook, Nolen, Hoff, Carter, Bostick? Busch?...).

This is all you need to know about Rodney Williams game.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YqTbnkaCCBc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YqTbnkaCCBc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think the main reason tOSU is not in the Top-25 is because they haven't recruited 2009 class at all. Their 2010 class, however, could make an argument to be tops in the country, top 5 at the very least.

I don't know why none of the recruiting rankings include Bryant Allan. I know he is a football signee but he has announced that he is going to play basketball. BTW he's the #38 point guard for ESPN.

Top Bottom