100 Days Out: College football names, games, storylines to follow as we count down to the 2024 season (Year 1 of the Big Ten will be toughest on USC)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per CBS:

Bold predictions​

7. Year 1 of the Big Ten will be toughest on USC: I don't think USC will have the least amount of Big Ten wins of the four West Coast additions, but I do think the move comes at a time when the roster is in flux and the program's expectations are for a bounce-back after last year's 7-5 regular season. The oddsmakers win total suggests it will be another 7-5 or 8-4 type of season for the Trojans, and that's not what USC wants as its first impression in the Big Ten. Lincoln Riley, too, will be feeling pressure from the start; he not only loses a Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback but chose to re-configure his defensive staff after subpar results on that side of the ball. USC's move to the Big Ten has been in the works for years, and if the Trojans are hovering close to .500 in conference play, it will be a disappointment.

Go Gophers!!

This isn't all that bold once you look at their schedule. They could honestly start 2-4 (or even 1-5) and I wouldn't be surprised.

They will be 8-4 but possibly 9-3. Losses to Michigan, Penn state and the Catholics, possibly Wisconsin.

The hype surrounding Ohio State as a title contender this season is the wildest I can remember. We’ll see. OSU is always pretty stacked. Sometimes teams are less than the sum of their parts. Will Howard? Looking at KSU (stats only) looks like he was a game manager for their running attack. Didn’t grade high for draft, but is willing to run. Their defense “should” be better/top tier. Oregon game will tell the tale.

Penn State, same. My impression was Drew Allar was underwhelming in his first full season.

Iowa and Wisconsin are not part of the top storylines? /s

Top Bottom