10 Reasons we WON'T Get Snubbed

josh087

Sharing Common Sense & Reality
Reaction score
10) The committee looks at #of quality wins as their most important criteria, as several have said is the case after participating in mock selections.

9) 3 Neutral site wins over top 50 opponents. Can any bubble team compare?

9) Look at the losses. 7 losses by 5 or less.

7) Kentucky dominates Mississippi State tomorrow

6) The committee realizes that, in fact, Evan Turner did play in Minnesota's win over OSU in the barn.

5) We beat Illinois head-to-head in the only matchup between the 2 - late in the season when everything was on the line

4) We beat Purdue without Hummel by 30 - isn't that what you're supposed to do against a team without their best player?

3) Dan Barerrio won't sneak into the committee room to replace chairman Dan Guererro.

2) The committee feels sorry for MN sports fans after the Vikings NFC Championship loss and decides to put the Gophers in.

1) The Gophers win vs. OSU tomorrow

Nicely done...I still fear that that Guerrero was insinuating that they were going to discount the tourney wins and place more emphasis on the "body of work" from the regular season. That seemed to be a direct shot across the bow to Gopher and Bulldog(Miss State) fans...I could be wrong but I also recall the NCAA Committee taking a hardline stance on selecting the teams BEFORE the Big 10 Championship Game. That could mean, we'd have to win or the Illini get the bid...

I also wonder how they'll seed the Gophers if they win the game vs if they get an at large....we might be stuck in #12 or 13 seed regardless of winning or losing. They are usually pretty fanatical about having 99% of the seeding done by the time the Big 10 game tips off...I really wish the Big 10 would change the tourney so it would end on Saturday.

Yeah, you never know what the committee is thinking. Just thought I'd start a thread on some positive committee thoughts. There are reasons to leave them out or to put them in. That's why they call it the bubble.

Despite what they say - I really think they place a lot of emphasis on the conf. tourneys. Remember in 2006 Syracuse was on the outside looking in before the BE tourney - then Gerry McNamara kept hitting game winners and they won 4 games in 4 days. I believe they were seeded like 5 or 6 - not bad for a team that was a frings bubble candidate to start the week.

Top Bottom