10 people killed in Colorado supermarket shooting, including a police officer

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
The presumption of Whiteness in a mass shooting, particularly in Colorado, is not without historical basis. If we chose to profile to prevent mass shootings, the White male should be the person of greatest concern. Disqualfying this guy from team White guy doesn't tip the scales much, but there seems to be an attempt to do so.
Of course, this implies that Whiteness causes mass shootings, which would be a really stupid way to think about it.

Section2

Reaction score
The presumption of Whiteness in a mass shooting, particularly in Colorado, is not without historical basis. If we chose to profile to prevent mass shootings, the White male should be the person of greatest concern. Disqualfying this guy from team White guy doesn't tip the scales much, but there seems to be an attempt to do so.
Of course, this implies that Whiteness causes mass shootings, which would be a really stupid way to think about it.
I thought we were talking about police response to active shooters with multiple casualties. The idea that cops respond to those situations based on race of shooter is asinine to me.
Preventing mass shooting thru racial profiling? I’m all ears, but I don’t see how that would be possible or helpful. Will be interesting to see if this guy was on FBI radar, not that we will be told the truth.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
Correct. We accept certain risks to live in our society. The part we rarely talk about is the part where gon control advocates seemingly only want to ban guns when it happens to White people in the suburbs. 10 killed? That's just a normal weekend in Chicago's mostly Black South Side, but no one cares because they're just poor Blacks.
Not because of the race even though they clearly don't care. I think it is mostly because Chicago proves gun control doesn't work. If I am not mistaken, they have fairly strict gun laws there which makes sense more or less for a major metro, but then most of the guns end up in the hands of the criminals and the police, which in chicago unfortunately means likely also a criminal. Law abiding citizens are going to purchase legally, and probably won't most of the time because of the process. Criminals will always find ways to get guns no matter what the laws are because they don't care about the law obviously.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
Is this a satire account?

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
The only possible way to end things like this happening is the super magnet. Every gun in the country must be removed using a super magnet. This would include all the guns that police use. That or a minority report where you can be convicted of future crimes without actually committing the crime.

stocker08

Reaction score
Agree. This goes both ways at least to some extent. Unfortunately one side has a much bigger mouthpiece than the other.

I am going to venture though that right media is much more willing to report evenhandedly. For example, the jan 6 riot saw widespread right media condemnation. Conversely, this summer's looting/burning of cities saw very little left media condemnation.

No it didn't. They praised president dotard for releasing a video hours later telling the rioters about how he loved them.

Just another example of the warped mindset of today's right wing. Completely imbalanced.

Nax5

Reaction score
Correct. We accept certain risks to live in our society. The part we rarely talk about is the part where gon control advocates seemingly only want to ban guns when it happens to White people in the suburbs. 10 killed? That's just a normal weekend in Chicago's mostly Black South Side, but no one cares because they're just poor Blacks.
Fair play. The debate on gun violence needs to be happening more frequently. And not just when mass shootings occur.

But I understand why it shocks people awake. The majority of gun violence is happening between people and gangs who know each other. But when you can be minding your own business grocery shopping and get gunned down, it all becomes way too real.

It's one thing to take a risk in a tough neighborhood. And a totally different thing to take a risk just to pick up some damn groceries.

golf

Reaction score
No it didn't. They praised president dotard for releasing a video hours later telling the rioters about how he loved them.

Just another example of the warped mindset of today's right wing. Completely imbalanced.

May or may not be true. Remains that the months long floyd looting/burning brought precious little condemnation from left media. Right media was very careful to condemn the hours long capitol riot.

Wally

Reaction score
if I'm being honest, I'm starting to tune out the mass shooting stories.

it's the cost of doing business. if our culture wants guns to be available and gun ownership to be encouraged, there will be shootings and the occasional mass shooting. and we're getting numb to it. same thing every time: mass shooting. "Thoughts and Prayers." Progressives scream for gun control. and the gun control efforts die in Congress because the gun lobby has the votes to make it happen.

it's really no different than traffic fatalities. you hear about some 3-car accident with four or five fatalities, and people say "that's too bad." but no one ever suggests that car ownership should be restricted or controlled - except in the occasional case of the guy with 15 DWI arrests. for most people, traffic accidents and fatalities are the cost of doing business. we all like to drive, we all own cars, and if enough people drive on the same highways, sooner or later they will run into each other and people will get hurt or killed. and we accept it.

just as we accept shootings because it's become part of the landscape. we just hope it doesn't happen to us.

and life goes on. and we all get a little more numb. maybe even comfortably numb.

Shine on, you crazy diamonds.

Exactly, cost of business.

Wally

Reaction score
Trump institutes travel ban on several middle eastern countries, “it’s a Muslim ban! Trump hates Brown people!”
Syrian Muslim shoots up a grocery store
“He’s white”.

Kill all Arabs!
🤔🤔🤔

Angry

Reaction score
The only possible way to end things like this happening is the super magnet. Every gun in the country must be removed using a super magnet. This would include all the guns that police use. That or a minority report where you can be convicted of future crimes without actually committing the crime.
Or we couldn’t shop at small business, just buy from amazon. That would work ;)

Spoofin

Reaction score
Price we pay for having lots of guns.
Nothing we could do...
🤷
What a load. I am all for stricter gun control laws, yet I didn’t feel the need to make some classless joke after 10 people were killed. Then again, you wish people dead on here daily so.....
Not a top score but he did get double digits.
Obviously his clip was to small.

stocker08

Reaction score
May or may not be true. Remains that the months long floyd looting/burning brought precious little condemnation from left media. Right media was very careful to condemn the hours long capitol riot.

Wrong. Riots got plenty media attention. Right wingers just like to cry and whine because Dotard Don screamed "fake news" and you all jumped on board.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
How does this a$$hole make it out of the store alive?
I assume cause he was shot in the leg and the cops surrounded him. Would you prefer he just have been shot in cold blood by the cops. This is America and people are due their time in courts no matter how big of a POS they are. No different than the kids that blew up people at the Boston Marathon, the one was captured alive and faced his day in court.

oh and the the cops thought this guy was white otherwise they would have shot him instantly.

howeda7

Reaction score
I assume cause he was shot in the leg and the cops surrounded him. Would you prefer he just have been shot in cold blood by the cops. This is America and people are due their time in courts no matter how big of a POS they are. No different than the kids that blew up people at the Boston Marathon, the one was captured alive and faced his day in court.

oh and the the cops thought this guy was white otherwise they would have shot him instantly.
Why was he shot in the leg? I thought cops could never use non-lethal force if there is any danger?

golf

Reaction score
Wrong. Riots got plenty media attention. Right wingers just like to cry and whine because Dotard Don screamed "fake news" and you all jumped on board.

I recall cuomo the lesser saying there is nothing wrong with violence at protests. A reporter talking about mostly peaceful protest while a building was an inferno behind him. Philly Inquirer editor being fired for allowing an article condemning the burning/looting.

The unwillingness of media to say anything other than mostly peaceful protest was a bone of contention all summer long.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Why was he shot in the leg? I thought cops could never use non-lethal force if there is any danger?
Are you serious? You don’t know the difference between someone (Joe Biden) suggesting that police intentionally aim for a dangerous perpetrator’s leg and hitting someone in the leg in an exchange of shooting between police and the criminal shooter?

It may have been the dead cop that got the shot off that hit him in his leg.

You idiot!

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I wasn’t there asshole so I don’t know who shot him in the leg. I also would not have cared if the cops had shot and killed him in the store. For all i know someone that was not a cop shot in in the leg.

This cop is damn lucky to be alive after his interaction with this women and he tried multiple time to apprehend her without using force. She got into the car and shot him multiple times in the bullet proof vest. I will not question what a cop chooses to do cause it seems like they are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Attachments

• 8B632205-D12A-4447-891B-BDD97C7AF9B8.jpeg
    8B632205-D12A-4447-891B-BDD97C7AF9B8.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 0

stocker08

Reaction score
I recall cuomo the lesser saying there is nothing wrong with violence at protests. A reporter talking about mostly peaceful protest while a building was an inferno behind him. Philly Inquirer editor being fired for allowing an article condemning the burning/looting.

The unwillingness of media to say anything other than mostly peaceful protest was a bone of contention all summer long.

A few isolated incidents. The media covered the rioting and looting....but wacky righties were too busy whining and crying and going to propaganda machines like OAN and Newsmax for actual fake news to notice. Just got the marching orders to turn their victimhood claims up to eleven.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Not because of the race even though they clearly don't care. I think it is mostly because Chicago proves gun control doesn't work. If I am not mistaken, they have fairly strict gun laws there which makes sense more or less for a major metro, but then most of the guns end up in the hands of the criminals and the police, which in chicago unfortunately means likely also a criminal. Law abiding citizens are going to purchase legally, and probably won't most of the time because of the process. Criminals will always find ways to get guns no matter what the laws are because they don't care about the law obviously.
Didnt Colorado adopt many of the Dem gun control measures already?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Are you serious? You don’t know the difference between someone (Joe Biden) suggesting that police intentionally aim for a dangerous perpetrator’s leg and hitting someone in the leg in an exchange of shooting between police and the criminal shooter?

It may have been the dead cop that got the shot off that hit him in his leg.

You idiot!
I wasn’t there asshole so I don’t know who shot him in the leg. I also would not have cared if the cops had shot and killed him in the store. For all i know someone that was not a cop shot in in the leg.

This cop is damn lucky to be alive after his interaction with this women and he tried multiple time to apprehend her without using force. She got into the car and shot him multiple times in the bullet proof vest. I will not question what a cop chooses to do cause it seems like they are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Trying to have a fruitful discussion with Howie is like trying to have one with an uninflated balloon.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Trying to have a fruitful discussion with Howie is like trying to have one with an uninflated balloon.
howie has experienced some progressive mental deterioration in the few years I’ve been posting here. Maybe Joe is his hero. Trump did some serious emotional damage to howie.

Top Bottom