'10 O-Line offers

danimal

Reaction score
Besides Zac Epping 6'2, 275, who was recently offered, a Josh Allen 6'2, 255 from Texas and now a Grant Ramsay 6'6, 280, from Georgia are offered, presumably all as offensive linemen.

I was able to watch Allen's highlight video. Good athlete but I didn't exactly see the size and physicality that I thought the Gophers were looking for now with having a more downhill approach on the o-line.

It appears the Gophers aren't that interested in Sam Cunningham and Matt Eggen from Wisconsin after all. The ship has sailed - too bad. My guess is they may rethink which camps they'll make a priority this summer.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that. It is still very early in the process. At this time of year coaches are still looking at film and evaluating prospects to determine their targets after spring practice. It may be that some of the prospects are very close and they want to evaluate more to determine who they want. I just read an article about Matt that said MSU and Wisconsin are on the verge of offering and he is still receiving interest from Minnesota amongst others so I definitely don't think the Gophers have turned their back by not offering yet.

At 6'2" I would suspect Allen is being looked at as a DT prospect and not OL. He could possibly be a G/C prospect but Brewster seems to like OL that have a longer wingspan than you'll find on a 6'2" prospect. Ramsay sounds more like an OL prospect. I haven't read interviews with any of these guys yet because it's too early but they usually tell what they're being recruited for in the interviews. I wouldn't be surprised if Epping was being recruited on the defensive side of the ball either because all the Wisconsin fans seem to think that is where the Badgers want him.

If Sam or Matt want a scholarship their best bet is to come to a summer camp and show the Minnesota coaches what they can do. If the Minnesota coaches are not showing any interest then they should focus elsewhere.

Besides Zac Epping 6'2, 275, who was recently offered, a Josh Allen 6'2, 255 from Texas and now a Grant Ramsay 6'6, 280, from Georgia are offered, presumably all as offensive linemen.

I was able to watch Allen's highlight video. Good athlete but I didn't exactly see the size and physicality that I thought the Gophers were looking for now with having a more downhill approach on the o-line.

It appears the Gophers aren't that interested in Sam Cunningham and Matt Eggen from Wisconsin after all. The ship has sailed - too bad. My guess is they may rethink which camps they'll make a priority this summer.

Doesn't appear that they aren't interested in Sam and Matt at all to me. I don't think the ship has sailed either. I don't think Wisconsin has even offered any instate kids yet (they usually wait until they have camp). It is still super early.

Actually I don't think any D1A teams have offered Cunningham or Eggen yet.

Josh Allen is listed as an OG on Rivals.

That is where Rivals projects him. That doesn't mean every team is recruiting him as an OG. We don't know with certainty until we hear it from the player in an interview or the team is finally able to talk about the recruit at signing day. For instance, Eric Jacques is listed as an OG on Rivals but the Gophers recruited him to play DT.

Top Bottom