10 Climate Executive Actions Biden will take on Day One

bga1

Reaction score
You paint with such a broad brush that your coloring books in grade school must have only been one color. Define environmentalist for me. Was Teddy Roosevelt an enviro? The Antiquities Act he supported established the basis for the national parks that protect and preserve some of the world's most special places. Did he hate mankind and desire for there to be less people?

Was Richard Nixon an enviro? Some of our most effective environmental legislation was championed and signed by Tricky Dick including the National Environmental Policy Act, Clean Air Act, and Endangered Species Act. Did you know that Nixon established the EPA? Did Nixon hate mankind?

You are being obtuse again by saying that there has always been climate change. Of course, there has always been 'climate change.' The earth is a dynamic planet whose climatic systems have historically changed over many thousands or millions of years allowing for the natural systems to adjust accordingly. We are not concerned with the natural background climate change.

We are concerned about the RAPID changes in the earth's ability to respond due to anthropogenic climate change. The earth's natural systems are less able to adjust to these rapid changes. It leads to the extinction of plant and animal species that are already at a tipping point.

Whether you like it or not, the earth does good things for us. Most people know that the earth provides us with food and fresh water. But our relationship with the earth is MUCH more entwined than simply sustenance. The term is called ecological services.

Natural resources such as coral reefs and mangrove forests protect many coastal cities and communities from flooding and storm surges at a FRACTION of the cost of any manmade constructions. Bees pollinate about a third of our food. Wetlands play a huge role in filtering water enough to allow us to drink it. Mankind has not even come close to being able to replicate these services. This doesn't even account for the role that the earth plays in such essential services as oxygen production from the metabolism of plants.

The earth provides MANY TRILLIONS of dollars in ecological services at no charge. Can you imagine the price of goods and services if we lost these trillions of dollars of free ecological services? It is the classic case of an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The sane among us strive to acknowledge and nurture our connection to the earth and not RISK weakening this important relationship.
Balance. Learn balance. Taking care of the environment is a great thing. I want to recycle things, keep the air and water clean, all of it. I don't want to change economies and ruin well functioning things to fulfill a fantasy that we can make the climate change. We cannot.

Get an education on how small the human contribution of CO2 is by percentage. Learn something instead of spouting off things you have been told by the salespeople of the climate change hysteria. The US exceeded Kyoto guidelines without being part of the scam that lets India and China - the biggest polluters- off the hook while tying the hands of American business.

Learn some balance. Taking care of the environment is a good thing and free capitalist countries like ours happen to inspire the best inventions to do so. Can the government be involved? Sure as long as it is kept in balance. This has gone far, far out of balance and the truth has been lost in the process.

Meanwhile the heroic champions of climate change hysteria? Frauds:

ecoperson

Reaction score
Balance. Learn balance. Taking care of the environment is a great thing. I want to recycle things, keep the air and water clean, all of it. I don't want to change economies and ruin well functioning things to fulfill a fantasy that we can make the climate change. We cannot.

Get an education on how small the human contribution of CO2 is by percentage. Learn something instead of spouting off things you have been told by the salespeople of the climate change hysteria. The US exceeded Kyoto guidelines without being part of the scam that lets India and China - the biggest polluters- off the hook while tying the hands of American business.

Learn some balance. Taking care of the environment is a good thing and free capitalist countries like ours happen to inspire the best inventions to do so. Can the government be involved? Sure as long as it is kept in balance. This has gone far, far out of balance and the truth has been lost in the process.

Meanwhile the heroic champions of climate change hysteria? Frauds:

I am glad to hear that you are supportive of environmental issues such as recycling and clean air and water. Many of your posts have suggested otherwise. Environmental issues are all about balance. I am honestly heartened to read that you agree in taking care of the environment and that society/government may have to play a role in doing so.

I have a couple of serious questions that will help me better understand your position and may allow us to enter into a dialogue. 1.) Who do you trust to provide you with the facts? I would like to come to some sort of agreement on a factual source(s) that we can both agree. 2.) Do you feel that this source of facts has a motive? Until we address these questions, we are doomed to simply spouting competing 'facts' from what we each feel are more biased sources.

Let me be very clear... I am not on some foolish mission about proving that I am right and you are wrong. I merely want to engage in an honest conversation on the subject... to find a balance. Any ills of the world cannot be solved by sniping back and forth on a message board. If you would prefer to take this conversation offline to avoid some of the unnecessary background noise from other posters, I am more than happy to.

bga1

Reaction score
I am glad to hear that you are supportive of environmental issues such as recycling and clean air and water. Many of your posts have suggested otherwise. Environmental issues are all about balance. I am honestly heartened to read that you agree in taking care of the environment and that society/government may have to play a role in doing so.

I have a couple of serious questions that will help me better understand your position and may allow us to enter into a dialogue. 1.) Who do you trust to provide you with the facts? I would like to come to some sort of agreement on a factual source(s) that we can both agree. 2.) Do you feel that this source of facts has a motive? Until we address these questions, we are doomed to simply spouting competing 'facts' from what we each feel are more biased sources.

Let me be very clear... I am not on some foolish mission about proving that I am right and you are wrong. I merely want to engage in an honest conversation on the subject... to find a balance. Any ills of the world cannot be solved by sniping back and forth on a message board. If you would prefer to take this conversation offline to avoid some of the unnecessary background noise from other posters, I am more than happy to.
Thanks for the thoughtful post. These days- I trust no source that doesn't pin their information to publicly available data. I don't watch the news anymore because both sides are for sale to the highest bidder.

So I collect information from online sources who break down information that the media doesn't view to be entertaining or serve their politics. Sure I see things from Fox News and others on line and use them, but I have to realize that they often overstate some things and avoid others.

I found that with Russiagate, I knew almost what I know now and what the public is starting to realize, all the way back in 2017 when researchers were digging into the actual documents and really doing some critical thinking about them. And it's that way with so many of today's major topics. The media is not informing people, it is propagandizing and sensationalizing to make money.

With regards to climate I am generally in agreement with a guy like Bjorn Lomborg who both understands that there is climate change and also understands that from an economic point of view there is almost zero ROI in going after it in the way that globalists are intending to. Horrible investment with almost no improvement in climate and an effort that may cause millions to starve to death in poverty. Anything the UN or like orgs gets involved with turns to garbage. Many greedy hands in there and very very little of the funding accomplishes anything.

Good call on not getting involved here. It's nothing more than a bad habit. I see so many responses that are so intellectually vapid and dishonest. Very little good debating gets done on this site where people actually learn from each other and that's too bad.

Here's a fantastic video from a scientist. It doesn't prove anything but it clarifies and it makes a ton of sense. https://www.prageru.com/video/clima...MIovLR_qKM9AIVcWpvBB1dNgDvEAMYASAAEgJ9__D_BwE

ecoperson

Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughtful post. These days- I trust no source that doesn't pin their information to publicly available data. I don't watch the news anymore because both sides are for sale to the highest bidder.
Thank you for the well thought out response. I will take a look at some of your sources to see if they are ones that might be useful. I will respond via DM.

Wally

Reaction score
This has gone far, far out of balance and the truth has been lost in the process.
We are essentially doing nothing and you think its out of balance.
Can't f make it up!

howeda7

Reaction score
Not really, I have been to China, Costa Rica and Canada. That must seem like it to you.

Just keep hiding in your hole.
There will probably be vaccine requirements to visit many countries for some time. The poor Fellas won't be able to travel outside the US.

kg21

Reaction score
There will probably be vaccine requirements to visit many countries for some time. The poor Fellas won't be able to travel outside the US.
There will be requirements.

The only place there won't be requirements is the southern border.

Vaccine science is all.

Top Bottom