10 Climate Executive Actions Biden will take on Day One

jovs

Reaction score
I don't usually post on the off-topic stuff because lefties and righties are equally stupid, but your post is so ignorant I have to respond. So many of our "other" problems you are referring to are being amplified by climate change which is only going to continue to exasperate these issues. Immigration is one of these examples. Mass migrations of people are occurring BECAUSE of climate change.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why conservatives have taken such a ludicrous stance on climate change. 99.9% of the scientific community is in agreement on this. Hell, just observing the world with your own two eyes should make that clear. Our actions are causing the climate to change. I agree with many Republican policies, but if they can't trust basic scientific facts than I can't trust the party. How did this become one of the core tenants of the republican party. It is such a strange hill to chose to die on.
The lower basin of the Colorado river is already in crisis mode, although overpopulation is a huge part of the problem climate change has exacerbated it. It's not 100 years out either but probably just around the corner. People complain about mask mandates, how are they going to react to water restrictions that are going to be a bit more drastic than watering your lawn rules. Are we going to start seeing migration out of those areas that start slow and grows. What are the economic impacts, new technologies may be part of the solution but at what cost.

bga1

Reaction score
The lower basin of the Colorado river is already in crisis mode, although overpopulation is a huge part of the problem climate change has exacerbated it. It's not 100 years out either but probably just around the corner. People complain about mask mandates, how are they going to react to water restrictions that are going to be a bit more drastic than watering your lawn rules. Are we going to start seeing migration out of those areas that start slow and grows. What are the economic impacts, new technologies may be part of the solution but at what cost.
That's why the masks. This is a test to see how they control the population for whatever they feel like they need to do.

Now for a little wisdom: There is no way we can stop whatever climate change is happening. The earth's climate cycles and changes every 400 years and always has. The human contribution to this is incredibly small by percentage. Behind the "climate change" agenda is really a population control agenda. At the heart of every environmentalist's agenda is the hatred for mankind ruining the pristine environment. The solution for them is less people. China's "one child" policy was and is cruel but the environmentalists secretly ascribe to it.

I guarantee you this: We will never run out of natural resources. God provided those abundantly. Rather we will destroy ourselves long, long before that ever happens. History is already written.

Wally

Reaction score
There is no way we can stop whatever climate change is happening. The earth's climate cycles and changes every 400 years and always has. The human contribution to this is incredibly small by percentage.

Wrong

kg21

Reaction score
China didn't show up to this climate change conference.

LMAO

TRF Guy

Reaction score
400 private jets at the G 12 summit where they talked about climate change. Biden had an 85 vehicle motorcade to visit the Pope where they also talked about climate change.
People might take the climate change issue a little more serious if those that were preaching the need for change weren’t so damn hypocritical. And it’s hard to take a climate change summit serious when China and Russia are not represented. What a damn joke

Wally

Reaction score
Simple, put a good sized refundable carbon tax and make them all pay.

Use less carbon than the average person and you get paid, use more and you pay in.

I am for real solutions, everyone on this planet is a hypocrite in one way or another. Nothing will EVER change that.

kg21

Reaction score
Simple, put a good sized refundable carbon tax and make them all pay.

Use less carbon than the average person and you get paid, use more and you pay in.

I am for real solutions, everyone on this planet is a hypocrite in one way or another. Nothing will EVER change that.
Yes, because they will do that to themselves. The next thing you will tell me is congress should all get vaccinated.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
People complain about mask mandates, how are they going to react to water restrictions that are going to be a bit more drastic than watering your lawn rules.
I can and will be infinitely more understanding of water restrictions (I live in the desert, it's prominent here already) than I am of stupid, ridiculous, pointless and meaningless mask mandates that do absolutely nothing. Still under mask mandates here in Nevada, one of the only states still doing so. WTF.... Your analogy or argument here is a poor one, to say the least.

Angry

Reaction score
Yes, they went there from Haiti after the hurricane. Then Covid drove them from the places they were to the US. Your point was?
Point was they were doing just fine in those other places for 10+ years. Their asylum claims are baseless.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Point was they were doing just fine in those other places for 10+ years.
"If you've lived in Peru or Argentina for 10+ years, it's impossible for anything to happen that can change your living situation in the last year" - Angry

Angry

Reaction score
"If you've lived in Peru or Argentina for 10+ years, it's impossible for anything to happen that can change your living situation in the last year" - Angry
The only thing that changed is the migrant president took over. It’s not complicated, stop trying to make it so.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
So the immigrants are coming to a place that has done a terrible job with Covid and is still doing a terrible job with Covid to get away from Covid?
No, covid has ravaged those economies in SA and they probably can't find work there anymore.

bga1

Reaction score
You know it's going to be a really non-biased article when....in order to make 2020 seem lesser....they make the bar thinner. Lol.
Bjorn Lomborg is a world renowned climate expert who actually believes in climate change. It has been his analysis that the return on investment for going all in on climate change is very, very poor considering the other world problems we face. He actually makes sense. Then there is you.

The actual reason, btw, that the graph line is thin is that it is for a specific year not for a decade. Take another look.

stocker08

Reaction score
Bjorn Lomborg is a world renowned climate expert who actually believes in climate change. It has been his analysis that the return on investment for going all in on climate change is very, very poor considering the other world problems we face. He actually makes sense. Then there is you.

The actual reason, btw, that the graph line is thin is that it is for a specific year not for a decade. Take another look.

A) The graph is about averages. Why would it matter if it were for a year or ten?

B) The entire premise of the article is a joke for anyone with an ounce of objectivity or credibility. Natural disaster deaths have gone down due to the increase of contingency planning, advanced technology, federal/worldwide aid, etc. You really think a drought in the 1920s is compatible to one in the 2000s? That's idiotic beyond belief. Congrats to Bjorn for hooking a bunch of morons. That's how you get your name out there....propaganda for the right.

Top Bottom