10 Climate Executive Actions Biden will take on Day One

bga1

Reaction score
I don't usually post on the off-topic stuff because lefties and righties are equally stupid, but your post is so ignorant I have to respond. So many of our "other" problems you are referring to are being amplified by climate change which is only going to continue to exasperate these issues. Immigration is one of these examples. Mass migrations of people are occurring BECAUSE of climate change.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why conservatives have taken such a ludicrous stance on climate change. 99.9% of the scientific community is in agreement on this. Hell, just observing the world with your own two eyes should make that clear. Our actions are causing the climate to change. I agree with many Republican policies, but if they can't trust basic scientific facts than I can't trust the party. How did this become one of the core tenants of the republican party. It is such a strange hill to chose to die on.

Thanks for your kind words. Nice to meet you!

There is nothing wrong with taking care of the environment. I am 100% for that and as a nation we do a fantastic job of it and we will continue to get better. The problem I have is not with encouraging clean air, water, etc. The problem I have is subjecting our nation to a global scheme on Climate Change that actually has zero to do with fixing anything. The scheme is designed as economic redistribution that is destructive to our economy and our people. Meanwhile China gets off free and they along with India and others are polluting like mad.

The other part of the initiative I have a huge problem with is force feeding technologies that are not ready to be efficient over fossil fuels that are efficient. We are finally oil independent, which is causal to peace breaking out in the ME and Dems want to toss that huge advantage aside, replace the fossil fuels and drive the cost of energy up for the average person. That's not smart. There is a lot more I could say about it. However, I will sum it up by saying that the one thing we know for sure about the Climate Change prophets is that they have been consistently lying to us and wrong. It is an industry more than it is a science. Science is being manipulated for political and monetary purposes.

Wally

Reaction score
Huh. Missed your berating of China for polluting at unprecedented rates. And not giving a $hit about anyone else. Wallace...... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So should we nuke them then?

How much polution does each chinaman produce compared to each American?

bga1

Reaction score
And yes, if I have to pay 45 cents more a gallon for gas so my grand children can have the same opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors like I have had - sign me the $#@^ up.
You think that is the only damage the movement will cause? That's bat crazy. Because of the climate change folks your kids will not live in freedom and prosperity you did. That is a sad thing indeed. But they haven't succeeded yet- so there is that bright spot!

GopherJake

Reaction score
All of these initiatives have unintended consequences. Take something simple like refrigerators - they used to last for 30+ years. I just had to replace mine after 6 years, and when I went to Best Buy, they said the average refrigerator now lasts 8-10 years due to the way they were required to be re-designed to meet the energy efficiency requirements passed during the Obama administration. So in order to save a few dollars per month with more efficient refrigerators, we’re now filling landfills with 4x more refrigerators than we used to, make significantly more plastics that are needed to build them, and causing consumers to spend far more on appliances.
From my experience, refrigerators are generally very easy to fix at home. I've fixed mine 3 times now. It is a 22 year old refrigerator. Total cost of the 3 fixes was ~$100. Twice with the same part.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words. Nice to meet you!

There is nothing wrong with taking care of the environment. I am 100% for that and as a nation we do a fantastic job of it and we will continue to get better. The problem I have is not with encouraging clean air, water, etc. The problem I have is subjecting our nation to a global scheme on Climate Change that actually has zero to do with fixing anything. The scheme is designed as economic redistribution that is destructive to our economy and our people. Meanwhile China gets off free and they along with India and others are polluting like mad.

The other part of the initiative I have a huge problem with is force feeding technologies that are not ready to be efficient over fossil fuels that are efficient. We are finally oil independent, which is causal to peace breaking out in the ME and Dems want to toss that huge advantage aside, replace the fossil fuels and drive the cost of energy up for the average person. That's not smart. There is a lot more I could say about it. However, I will sum it up by saying that the one thing we know for sure about the Climate Change prophets is that they have been consistently lying to us and wrong. It is an industry more than it is a science. Science is being manipulated for political and monetary purposes.
Exactly. And not a darn word about it from the Jam Jam Clan. Or GopheraSchells.

Wally

Reaction score
You think that is the only damage the movement will cause? That's bat crazy. Because of the climate change folks your kids will not live in freedom and prosperity you did. That is a sad thing indeed. But they haven't succeeded yet- so there is that bright spot!

What will happen?
Omg, they drive electric cars powered by renewable energy, the world will end..

John Galt

Reaction score
LOL, you can't just dump them in a landfill where I live and I doubt that is the case in most major cities, but many offer ways for you to dispose of them.

See below and educate yourself, Mr. Cattle Cars and quit making up nonsensical stats like 4x without providing data - i.e, stop it talking our yer arse - those days are over on here - YOU'RE CANCELED!!!!!!!!! Let's all got to Chili's and celebrate - Woo Hoo!!

From the EPA site -

• Recycling: Almost all of the materials in your refrigerator or freezer can be recycled. This includes the metal cabinet, plastic liner, glass shelves, the refrigerant and oil in the compressor, and the blowing agent contained in polyurethane foam insulation. Appliance recycling typically entails recovery of refrigerant and removal of hazardous components followed by shredding of evacuated appliances. Metal components are typically separated and recycled, while glass, plastics and polyurethane foam, are typically sent to a landfill. Because there are no requirements for foam recovery, the blowing agent contained in the foam insulation is emitted during shredding and landfilling—thus contributing to ozone depletion and to global climate change.

Maybe you should have read your own article:

"Metal components are typically separated and recycled, while glass, plastics and polyurethane foam, are typically sent to a landfill. Because there are no requirements for foam recovery, the blowing agent contained in the foam insulation is emitted during shredding and landfilling—thus contributing to ozone depletion and to global climate change."

John Galt

Reaction score
From my experience, refrigerators are generally very easy to fix at home. I've fixed mine 3 times now. It is a 22 year old refrigerator. Total cost of the 3 fixes was ~$100. Twice with the same part.
Good to hear - but it sounds like your fridge was built in the 1990s, not after 2009 when the new energy regs were put in place.

Angry

Reaction score

"Metal components are typically separated and recycled, while glass, plastics and polyurethane foam, are typically sent to a landfill. Because there are no requirements for foam recovery, the blowing agent contained in the foam insulation is emitted during shredding and landfilling—thus contributing to ozone depletion and to global climate change."
Hit em right in the button. TKO!

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

Nice try fibber and as usual, you selectively post material out of context.
The first line of what I posted from the EPA site -
"Almost all of the materials in your refrigerator or freezer can be recycled." Hate to break it to you boo, but few things in life work out 100% the way we would like them to.
Thank also for providing a site which backs up your fugazi claim of " we’re now filling landfills with 4x more refrigerators than we used to." Guess you can't because you pulled it out of your backside.
Your intellect and contributions to the board qualify you as a -

1605265014680.png

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score

I doubt much of the blowing agent is left after years of diffusion, do you?

Yes China has been cheating and using banned CFCs as blowing agents in polyurethane foam. There are innocuous blowing agents but they don't work quite as well and/or are more expensive.

Wally

Reaction score
Nice try fibber and as usual, you selectively post material out of context.
The first line of what I posted from the EPA site -
"Almost all of the materials in your refrigerator or freezer can be recycled." Hate to break it to you boo, but few things in life work out 100% the way we would like them to.
Thank also for providing a site which backs up your fugazi claim of " we’re now filling landfills with 4x more refrigerators than we used to." Guess you can't because you pulled it out of your backside.
Your intellect and contributions to the board qualify you as a -

View attachment 10390

Last time I brought metal to the scrap yard the main thing they were getting was appliances, its alot bettet to get paid for your garbage than to pay someone to take it.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Last time I brought metal to the scrap yard the main thing they were getting was appliances, its alot bettet to get paid for your garbage than to pay someone to take it.

Thanks - good point!

gopheraschells

Reaction score
Exactly. And not a darn word about it from the Jam Jam Clan. Or GopheraSchells.

Of course China and India should be held accountable. It is perplexing that you automatically assume that I disagree with that. It is hard to hold them accountable when America is dragging its heels and is the ONLY country not in the Paris climate accord. We need to lead by example and then pressure whoever does not go along. The economic persuasive powers of the EU and the US combined is quite strong.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I don't usually post on the off-topic stuff because lefties and righties are equally stupid, but your post is so ignorant I have to respond. So many of our "other" problems you are referring to are being amplified by climate change which is only going to continue to exasperate these issues. Immigration is one of these examples. Mass migrations of people are occurring BECAUSE of climate change.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why conservatives have taken such a ludicrous stance on climate change. 99.9% of the scientific community is in agreement on this. Hell, just observing the world with your own two eyes should make that clear. Our actions are causing the climate to change. I agree with many Republican policies, but if they can't trust basic scientific facts than I can't trust the party. How did this become one of the core tenants of the republican party. It is such a strange hill to chose to die on.
The bolded is actually easy.

Easy, objectively true answer: climate change is, or will be, taking a lot of money out of some very rich folks pockets.

That's it. There's nothing deeper there. So they'll use every dirty trick in their book to prolong their wealth making machinery, no matter what.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Which is great. However, when our 3year old refrigerator failed for wiring issues (the tech claimed), he said just get a new via warranty (which cost us about half the cost of a new one, btw), not worth it to try to figure out the problem and try to fix it. The truck that delivered the new one, took the old one, and that was that on our end.

I don't know how much of a problem it truly is ... but I do believe that a lot of things with electronics in them now have been cost reduced and mfg'ed as "throw away", rather than meant to be repaired. Things are glued together, and not really meant to ever be opened again, once they're sealed together.

Section2

Reaction score
I guess these will be ok for starters.

The 10 executive actions Biden has said he will take on his first day as president
  • Require limits on methane pollution for oil and gas operations.
  • Use the federal government procurement system to work towards 100% clean energy and zero-emissions vehicles.
  • Ensure US government buildings and facilities are more efficient and climate-ready.
  • Implement the already-existing Clean Air Act, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions from transportation by developing new fuel economy standards to ensure all new sales for light- and medium-duty vehicles will be electrified, and annual improvements for heavy duty vehicles.
  • Double down on liquid fuels like advanced biofuels and make agriculture a key part of the solution to the climate crisis.
  • Reduce emissions and cut consumer costs through new standards for appliance and building efficiency.
  • Require federal permit decisions to consider effects of greenhouse gas emissions and climate change, and ensure every federal infrastructure investment reduces climate pollution.
  • Require public companies to disclose climate risks and greenhouse gas emissions in their operations and supply chains.
  • Protect biodiversity, slow extinction rates and conserve 30% of America's lands and waters by 2030.
  • Permanently protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, establish national parks and monuments, ban new oil and gas permits on public lands and waters, modify royalties to account for climate costs and creating programs to enhance reforestation and develop renewable energy on federal lands and waters to double offshore wind by 2030.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/11/politics/climate-executive-actions-joe-biden/index.html
How many of these were instituted on day one? Did Biden “ensure that government buildings are more efficient and ‘climate ready’?” Whatever the hell that means.

Section2

Reaction score

People are absolutely not streaming to our borders because of climate change. How could you even defend that statement?

Wally

Reaction score
The Haitians that came here were coming from Peru and Argentina. And you know this man.
Yes, they went there from Haiti after the hurricane. Then Covid drove them from the places they were to the US. Your point was?

Top Bottom