10 Climate Executive Actions Biden will take on Day One

Go4Broke

Reaction score
I guess these will be ok for starters.

The 10 executive actions Biden has said he will take on his first day as president
  • Require limits on methane pollution for oil and gas operations.
  • Use the federal government procurement system to work towards 100% clean energy and zero-emissions vehicles.
  • Ensure US government buildings and facilities are more efficient and climate-ready.
  • Implement the already-existing Clean Air Act, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions from transportation by developing new fuel economy standards to ensure all new sales for light- and medium-duty vehicles will be electrified, and annual improvements for heavy duty vehicles.
  • Double down on liquid fuels like advanced biofuels and make agriculture a key part of the solution to the climate crisis.
  • Reduce emissions and cut consumer costs through new standards for appliance and building efficiency.
  • Require federal permit decisions to consider effects of greenhouse gas emissions and climate change, and ensure every federal infrastructure investment reduces climate pollution.
  • Require public companies to disclose climate risks and greenhouse gas emissions in their operations and supply chains.
  • Protect biodiversity, slow extinction rates and conserve 30% of America's lands and waters by 2030.
  • Permanently protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, establish national parks and monuments, ban new oil and gas permits on public lands and waters, modify royalties to account for climate costs and creating programs to enhance reforestation and develop renewable energy on federal lands and waters to double offshore wind by 2030.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/11/politics/climate-executive-actions-joe-biden/index.html

Angry

Reaction score
Will it be as big as Obama’s money laundering scheme? How many Solyndra’s will there be?

oak_street1981

Reaction score
I guess these will be ok for starters.

The 10 executive actions Biden has said he will take on his first day as president
  • Require limits on methane pollution for oil and gas operations.
  • Use the federal government procurement system to work towards 100% clean energy and zero-emissions vehicles.
  • Ensure US government buildings and facilities are more efficient and climate-ready.
  • Implement the already-existing Clean Air Act, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions from transportation by developing new fuel economy standards to ensure all new sales for light- and medium-duty vehicles will be electrified, and annual improvements for heavy duty vehicles.
  • Double down on liquid fuels like advanced biofuels and make agriculture a key part of the solution to the climate crisis.
  • Reduce emissions and cut consumer costs through new standards for appliance and building efficiency.
  • Require federal permit decisions to consider effects of greenhouse gas emissions and climate change, and ensure every federal infrastructure investment reduces climate pollution.
  • Require public companies to disclose climate risks and greenhouse gas emissions in their operations and supply chains.
  • Protect biodiversity, slow extinction rates and conserve 30% of America's lands and waters by 2030.
  • Permanently protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, establish national parks and monuments, ban new oil and gas permits on public lands and waters, modify royalties to account for climate costs and creating programs to enhance reforestation and develop renewable energy on federal lands and waters to double offshore wind by 2030.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/11/politics/climate-executive-actions-joe-biden/index.html

Get ready for $6 dollar per gallon gas, high utility bills, with brown outs. I guess that is what the people want, they were warned.

bga1

Reaction score
Get ready for $6 dollar per gallon gas, high utility bills, with brown outs. I guess that is what the people want, they were warned.
Who were they warned by? Not the media. We knew. Most did not. But then most didn't know that Joe is the corrupt Big Guy either.

oak_street1981

Reaction score
Apparently the people of the state of PA were not warned either if we are to trust the vote totals.

A lot of these numbers do not add up, but we do not have the full accounting yet.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

$6 a gallon, really??? Where did you get that number from btw? Sorry, I don't trust any economic utterings from Section 8.

Also, I didn't realize a gas increase would affect someone like you -

1605177866158.png

John Galt

Reaction score
Biden is going to make government buildings more efficient.

Some hard hitting journalism in this article.

John Galt

Reaction score
All of these initiatives have unintended consequences. Take something simple like refrigerators - they used to last for 30+ years. I just had to replace mine after 6 years, and when I went to Best Buy, they said the average refrigerator now lasts 8-10 years due to the way they were required to be re-designed to meet the energy efficiency requirements passed during the Obama administration. So in order to save a few dollars per month with more efficient refrigerators, we’re now filling landfills with 4x more refrigerators than we used to, make significantly more plastics that are needed to build them, and causing consumers to spend far more on appliances.

golf

Reaction score
Here is an interesting read on biden's climate plan. On the negative side says costs to the american consumer are going to be great. On the positive side, says money put into r&d is smart.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
All of these initiatives have unintended consequences. Take something simple like refrigerators - they used to last for 30+ years. I just had to replace mine after 6 years, and when I went to Best Buy, they said the average refrigerator now lasts 8-10 years due to the way they were required to be re-designed to meet the energy efficiency requirements passed during the Obama administration. So in order to save a few dollars per month with more efficient refrigerators, we’re now filling landfills with 4x more refrigerators than we used to, make significantly more plastics that are needed to build them, and causing consumers to spend far more on appliances.
Jam Jam Clan at work.........

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Liberals always have a tough time seeing two or three steps ahead

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Liberals always have a tough time seeing two or three steps ahead

They love to live in their theoretical bubbles where all of their solutions seem perfect, and can't admit the failure of those solutions once they are applied in the real world.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
More cost to Americans!!!! Great!! Go Joe!!!

Nice non-answer you typical tinfoil hat nutso, heck i thought you might have a pair, but alas I was wrong - my bad. If you ever decide to sack up and make a prediction, then you can reply to me, otherwise stay with the other intellectual infants in the shallow end of the board.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

LOL, you can't just dump them in a landfill where I live and I doubt that is the case in most major cities, but many offer ways for you to dispose of them.

See below and educate yourself, Mr. Cattle Cars and quit making up nonsensical stats like 4x without providing data - i.e, stop it talking our yer arse - those days are over on here - YOU'RE CANCELED!!!!!!!!! Let's all got to Chili's and celebrate - Woo Hoo!!

From the EPA site -

• Recycling: Almost all of the materials in your refrigerator or freezer can be recycled. This includes the metal cabinet, plastic liner, glass shelves, the refrigerant and oil in the compressor, and the blowing agent contained in polyurethane foam insulation. Appliance recycling typically entails recovery of refrigerant and removal of hazardous components followed by shredding of evacuated appliances. Metal components are typically separated and recycled, while glass, plastics and polyurethane foam, are typically sent to a landfill. Because there are no requirements for foam recovery, the blowing agent contained in the foam insulation is emitted during shredding and landfilling—thus contributing to ozone depletion and to global climate change.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Neat lie.

Kitchen appliances, like TVs and many other household appliances have been cost reduced and commoditized for decades.

TVs used to be repaired, as well.

Has nothing to do with your lie about energy efficiency.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Nice non-answer you typical tinfoil hat nutso, heck i thought you might have a pair, but alas I was wrong - my bad. If you ever decide to sack up and make a prediction, then you can reply to me, otherwise stay with the other intellectual infants in the shallow end of the board.
Prediction = higher than Nov 2020.

oak_street1981

Reaction score
$6 a gallon, really??? Where did you get that number from btw? Sorry, I don't trust any economic utterings from Section 8.

Also, I didn't realize a gas increase would affect someone like you -

View attachment 10380

Well, you know I just pulled that number out of somewhere, just hyperbole. As my soon to be deposed hero would say, "we will see what happens".

Good one!, I have to admit I cannot summon the energy to go for the full Lance Armstrong get up as much as I need to ride as much as I can to stay at a reasonable weight. I do not even own a any cycling shorts, although I do have a onesie wet suit that I look pretty terrible in.

bga1

Reaction score
We have so many problems that are greater than global warming right now, yet this is a pet project of the left? Why? Because it is part of the move to globalism and subjecting the US to global powers. Voters didn't give a flying rip about global warming in this election. It is a fringe cause.

Wally

Reaction score

Tax it to $6 right now. Republicans could have come up with a plan. I support the carbon dividend pushed by some conservatives.

Wally

Reaction score
We have so many problems that are greater than global warming right now, yet this is a pet project of the left? Why? Because it is part of the move to globalism and subjecting the US to global powers. Voters didn't give a flying rip about global warming in this election. It is a fringe cause.

Its not a fringe cause, sorry to break it to you.

I want the US to be the leader in technology the whole world will be implementing, you want to believe we are still living in the 1950s..

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Its not a fringe cause, sorry to break it to you.

I want the US to be the leader in technology the whole world will be implementing, you want to believe we are still living in the 1950s..
Huh. Missed your berating of China for polluting at unprecedented rates. And not giving a $hit about anyone else. Wallace...... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

gopheraschells

Reaction score

I don't usually post on the off-topic stuff because lefties and righties are equally stupid, but your post is so ignorant I have to respond. So many of our "other" problems you are referring to are being amplified by climate change which is only going to continue to exasperate these issues. Immigration is one of these examples. Mass migrations of people are occurring BECAUSE of climate change.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why conservatives have taken such a ludicrous stance on climate change. 99.9% of the scientific community is in agreement on this. Hell, just observing the world with your own two eyes should make that clear. Our actions are causing the climate to change. I agree with many Republican policies, but if they can't trust basic scientific facts than I can't trust the party. How did this become one of the core tenants of the republican party. It is such a strange hill to chose to die on.

Top Bottom