1-3-1 defense

march madness

Reaction score
With our length, I think I would enjoy seeing an occassional 1-3-1 out there. You can Have Dj, Carter, or Williams out front. Maybe at the end of the half, or when a team has the ball out of bounds with under 10 on the shot clock. Another reason would be to play against it in practice!

I agree they should be practicing against it in practice but do you really think it will help their 3 point defense? That seems to be Mn's main weakness.

I like the 1-3-1 defense occasionally, but if you move the ball there are "holes" close to the basket and on the baseline. We spent our time throwing it back and forth forty feet from the basket, with not even an opportunity for an open shot at that length. Need to get the ball down low and kick it out to the baseline. We looked lost in the second half against this defense. I'm sure our future opponent have taken notice. Tubby will remedy this problem.

Our three pt defense is horrible, because we double the post every time reguardless if its a walk on or an All-American. When we play an inferior non-conference opponent we get a steal or force a turn over, when we play a quality big ten team we get a wide open three in our face.

Top Bottom