‘A Menace to Public Health’: Doctors Demand Spotify Puts an End to Covid Lies on ‘Joe Rogan Experience’

Spoofin

Reaction score
Somehow a remarkable amount of things the discuss end up in your posts....Quite a mystery.
What a f’ing fraud you are. Such a hypocrite. Get some self awareness you idiot.

Spoofin

Reaction score
This thread is awesome. And from Stuart Smalley who claims others are snowflakes. 😂😂😂. Rogan’s podcast is popular because it is really good. He has great guests and isn’t afraid to let any opinion on. It’s for people who enjoy critical thinking - not for those that want confirmation bias. Not surprising to see who in this thread is after the latter. Let’s shut him down. Unbelievable. He is a liberal, btw.

Wally

Reaction score
RW Shock Jock, haven't you heard? Been posted here many times...

No it hasn't and I never said that, he is a center left with some libertarian leanings.

I like Rogan but I don't want to hear him go on and on about Covid every podcast, its boring, so I quit listening.

TurfGopher

Reaction score
Rogan is good at being controversial, definitely is a shock jock. Tons of Americans all across the political spectrum are skeptical of the pandemic/Vaccine for various reasons. He is just playing to that market. If he's not giving it to them, they will just go to other places (Right of center media) to get the confirmation bias they desire. From organic natural remedy hippy types to regular joes working in warehouses to right wing conspiracy nuts people don't really trust the media or the government.

Rogan has a hyper masculine persona and comes across as an arrogant know it all to me. He is an actor who has been in show business since the 90's. It has been said he is to men what Gwenyth Paltrow is to women.

The podcast is wayyy too long and he sells a bunch of vitamins and supplements, which is always a red flag. I loved Newsradio on NBC, great sitcom!

GopherJake

Reaction score
Rogan is good at being controversial, definitely is a shock jock. Tons of Americans all across the political spectrum are skeptical of the pandemic/Vaccine for various reasons. He is just playing to that market. If he's not giving it to them, they will just go to other places (Right of center media) to get the confirmation bias they desire. From organic natural remedy hippy types to regular joes working in warehouses to right wing conspiracy nuts people don't really trust the media or the government.

Rogan has a hyper masculine persona and comes across as an arrogant know it all to me. He is an actor who has been in show business since the 90's. It has been said he is to men what Gwenyth Paltrow is to women.

The podcast is wayyy too long and he sells a bunch of vitamins and supplements, which is always a red flag. I loved Newsradio on NBC, great sitcom!
I've tuned into about 3 of his podcasts and, of course, seen countless clips. This sums up my uninformed view of him well. RIP, Phil Hartman.

Wally

Reaction score
Rogan is good at being controversial, definitely is a shock jock.

I don't think he is very controversial except about Covid.

What I think is funny is that everyone is going nuts over the vaccine which is very low risk.

I guarantee my drive home in the snow a few minutes ago was much more risky than the vaccine.

Spoofin

Reaction score
No it hasn't
Yes it has. Maybe not by you, but it has. Rogan grew up on welfare and is very liberal on virtualy any social issue. He is pro-gun and willing to listen to view-points on his show that Twitter wouldn't so he gets labeled a RW nut by the ignorant. He hated Trump - didn't vote for him in 2016 or 2020. He didn't vote for Biden either tho (Go Jo Jo Go)...... unless he is lying about that 🤔

Wally

Reaction score
Yes it has. Maybe not by you, but it has. Rogan grew up on welfare and is very liberal on virtualy any social issue. He is pro-gun and willing to listen to view-points on his show that Twitter wouldn't so he gets labeled a RW nut by the ignorant. He hated Trump - didn't vote for him in 2016 or 2020. He didn't vote for Biden either tho (Go Jo Jo Go)...... unless he is lying about that 🤔

Are you Joe Rogan?
Nope he would rather die than get vaccinated...😉

I know Joe's views, I agree with virtually all of them and am sympathetic to his covid skepticism. I just think he went way over the top with Covid because the shutdowns appear to have driven him insane.

Have to laugh at a guy with his resources, unlimited testing, daily, every drug and treatment and resource at his instant disposal influencing his listeners to follow him when they don't have any of his resources.

It strikes me as irresponsible. If his readers get sick they are waiting in line at the ER with everyone else, if he gets sick his private doctor is treating him within hours with everything imaginable.

I think my assessment is pretty reasonable.

Oh and thanks for pointing out that Joe Rogan is a prime example of how welfare isn't as horrible as the right claims.

Last edited:

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
People should not take medical advice from Rogan, but more people have died listening to Fauci, than died from listening to Rogan.
Don't be ridiculous. We heard for most of 2020 that apparently millions of people were inclined to take medical advice from the Prez; first time in US history. Heard it here every day on this board.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Are you Joe Rogan?
Nope he would rather die than get vaccinated...😉
Even that isn't accurate. He was planning to get vaccinated but then got COVID. He is skeptical of the vaccine and believes in natural immunity and sees no reason for him to get the Vax now.

You are right that he has resources that most of us don't. He also took the time to educate himself on what options are out there to be ready when he did get COVID..... which many others aren't smart enough to do and no one else seems interested in educating people on that.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Don't be ridiculous. We heard for most of 2020 that apparently millions of people were inclined to take medical advice from the Prez; first time in US history. Heard it here every day on this board.
Actually, the number of people that do seem to take medical advice from the Prez, Radio personaltities, Twitter feeds, etc. amazes me. People hate to think for themselves.

Wally

Reaction score
He was planning to get vaccinated but then got COVID.

Never heard him say he was going to get vaccinated. Last podcast I listened to was Rhonda Patrick months ago.

He had more than enough opportunity to get vaccinated.

I think it's his bullshit way to change the narrative about him. Kind of pathetic.

Not sure what his numbers are but I know I quit listening. I was actually fine with him having the ivermectin guy on and all that, dive deep into that stuff. I enjoy that.

I quit when he started to be an asshole to his other guests over Covid, it wasn't inquisitive Joe it was I know it all Joe and I didn't enjoy that.

Maybe the money went to his head. Don't care, I'm out and listening to Ben Liebers podcast and Tim Ferris podcast, they are more like the old Rogan than Rogan is.

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score

I am so glad millions are determined to not listen to Biden. Makes me smile every day.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Never heard him say he was going to get vaccinated. Last podcast I listened to was Rhonda Patrick months ago.

He had more than enough opportunity to get vaccinated.

I think it's his bullshit way to change the narrative about him. Kind of pathetic.
He named the UFC event in Vegas where he was going to get it. He had an appointment but then his schedule prevented him from making it. Planned to do it still but got COVID first. That’s what he said. I wasn’t there. @howeda7 would be proud of you assuming it was a lie to keep your narrative going.

Wally

Reaction score
He named the UFC event in Vegas where he was going to get it. He had an appointment but then his schedule prevented him from making it. Planned to do it still but got COVID first. That’s what he said. I wasn’t there. @howeda7 would be proud of you assuming it was a lie to keep your narrative going.

I don't give a shit, it was an assumption based on your post, make my off the cuff reaction into some big thing. 🙄

I think its kind of pathetic and narcissistic to make a spectacle of getting vaxxed. Probably why Rogan started to annoy me, he never used to be like that at all. He was humble and self deprecating, that is the opposite.

Whatever floats your boat.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

The bolded part above us why he appeals to the ❄️🤡 (they know who they are) so they can live vicariously through that roid built body and feel like a manly man cause they were always picked last for kickball 😢

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

I loved Newsradio as well RIP forever Phil Hartmann.

he’s a smart huckster who wasn’t great at standup or acting and pivoted to MMA as he saw that was gonna be something and parlayed that to his Spotify gig - he’s a lot like Dump - opinated, arrogant know it all and that appeals to many who don’t have their own voice.

Wally

Reaction score

Yes I had never heard about his plan to get vaccinated before your post, and that was my off the cuff reaction.

So?
🤷🏼‍♂️

You say he was making a show of getting vaccinated? Never heard him say anything about getting vaccinated when he recounted having Covid.

Is he vaccinated yet?

Last edited:

PeoplesFront

Reaction score
The long conversation format is one of the best qualities of the podcast. The roided out, arrogant, shock jock, blow-hard right winger’s episode with Bernie Sanders was great because it allowed Bernie to state his policies and plans in a completely uninterrupted setting. I still differ from Sanders immensely, but it was nice to thoroughly hear his stances outside of the typical 3-5 minute interview on ABC/CBS/CNN.

Back to the subject of OP. Here are a few of the 270 “health experts” that signed the open letter:

Alie Ward: Host/Science Correspondent, Ologies Podcast

Autumn Schuster, MSW, LCSW: Licensed Clinical Social Worker, University of California Irvine

Benjamin Steinberg, PsyD: Psychologist

Cara L Santa Maria, MS, MA: Psychotherapist, PhD Candidate, Cedars Sinai Medical Center

Carrie Ingersoll-Wood: PhD Candidate, Syracuse University

Christine Garvey, DVM: Associate Veterinarian

Cole Kraten: Director of Research, Grasshopper Farms

Colleen Trecartin-Frost, DMD: Dentist

Crissi Stokes, DHSc: Professor

Divya Ramjee, MS: PhD Candidate, Adjunct Professor, American University

Dorothy Zahor, MS: Eastern Michigan University

Forrest Valkai: Masters Student, University of Tulsa

Jaclyn Steinbach, BVetMed MRCVS: Head of Veterinary Translational Medicine

Laren Seserko, OTR/L

Leah Steinberg: Medical Student

Lorna Tychostup, MS: Senior Communications Consultant, NYU

Mallory Harris: PhD Student, Stanford University

Mirvat Termos, MPH: PhD Student

Molly Nowels: PhD Candidate, Rutgers School of Public Health

Natalie Soto, MSc: Science Teacher

Olivia Grant: PhD Student

Robin Hills, MMSci, MSRCS: Instructor, Shoreline Community College

Sarah Perl, LCSW-R: Licensed Clinical Worker

Steve Rathje: PhD Candidate

Zainab Tanvir, MS: PhD Student

And my absolute favorite on the list:

Elle Michel, LMFT: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist

:ROFLMAO:

The veterinarians, psychologists, therapists, and students agree... Joe and his guests are unequivocally and dangerously shilling misinformation. Joe and co. BTFO!!!

Spoofin

Reaction score
Yes I had never heard about his plan to get vaccinated before your post, and that was my off the cuff reaction.

So?
🤷🏼‍♂️

You say he was making a show of getting vaccinated? Never heard him say anything about getting vaccinated when he recounted having Covid.

Is he vaccinated yet?
There is no “so”. My point was it is convenient to just say “he is lying” when what he claimed doesn’t fit your narrative.

I didn’t say he was making a show of it. I heard him tell the story once on the show (maybe to the CNN guy?). That’s all. I recall it because it surprised me.

I can’t say for sure as I don’t listen to all his podcasts, but I seriously doubt he is vaccinated now. I’m not claiming he promotes everyone to get vaxxed, far from it, I’m saying his view on the vax for himself has changed based on his experiences (getting COVID, knowing people who had issues with it, etc.) - it isn’t some political stance.

Angry

Reaction score
The long conversation format is one of the best qualities of the podcast. The roided out, arrogant, shock jock, blow-hard right winger’s episode with Bernie Sanders was great because it allowed Bernie to state his policies and plans in a completely uninterrupted setting. I still differ from Sanders immensely, but it was nice to thoroughly hear his stances outside of the typical 3-5 minute interview on ABC/CBS/CNN.

Back to the subject of OP. Here are a few of the 270 “health experts” that signed the open letter:

Autumn Schuster, MSW, LCSW: Licensed Clinical Social Worker, University of California Irvine

Cara L Santa Maria, MS, MA: Psychotherapist, PhD Candidate, Cedars Sinai Medical Center

Laren Seserko, OTR/L

The veterinarians, psychologists, therapists, and students agree... Joe and his guests are unequivocally and dangerously shilling misinformation. Joe and co. BTFO!!!
My favorite is the grasshopper weed guy!

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

Laren Seserko, OTR/L

I never said it was a righteous list my little ❄️🤡🐰.

I’m here for my amusement- immature definitely, but it’s free and there’s always someone who’ll play in my sandbox,

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

So?
🤷🏼‍♂️

Is he vaccinated yet?
A show about it? What a 🎭👸🏽

Spoofin

Reaction score
I never said it was a righteous list my little ❄️🤡🐰.

I’m here for my amusement- immature definitely, but it’s free and there’s always someone who’ll play in my sandbox,
Stuart Smalley needs his attention however he can get it.

Wally

Reaction score

Yes it is a great format, others are doing it. I have been listening to Tim Ferris podcast and Ben Liebers podcast lately. They are both good long format with interesting guests. Liebers has alot of good guests with MN connections if that interests you.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score

Except Rogan himself isn't all that controversial. He has guests on (from a variety of different viewpoints) that some consider controversial, and presses them with legitimate questions. Thats not just limited to COVID either. This was once considered legitimate journalism, and now it's considered being a shock jock? That should tell you how far journalism has fallen.

He's definitely hyper masculine, but an arrogant know it all? He calls himself just a dumb comedian in nearly every episode he has with an expert on a subject, then continues to ask legitimate questions.

I also have no idea what vitamins and supplements he's selling. He reads a few ads, but that's no different than any TV or radio show.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score

Laren Seserko, OTR/L

Of course most of these were not real doctors, but that will never stop the disinformation campaign of the left.

Top Bottom