Official 2025 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

it would be interesting to know what Fleck's plan is for HS recruiting in the portal era.

How many HS players to take in each class -- how many spots to leave open for portal players --etc.
or do the Gophers just take as many HS players who are willing to commit and worry about the portal at a later date?

dates to watch:
Early signing period for football is in mid-December, and the regular National signing day is in February. Long way to go to hang onto your recruits in the age of NIL and poaching.

it would be interesting to know what Fleck's plan is for HS recruiting in the portal era.

How many HS players to take in each class -- how many spots to leave open for portal players --etc.
or do the Gophers just take as many HS players who are willing to commit and worry about the portal at a later date?

dates to watch:
Early signing period for football is in mid-December, and the regular National signing day is in February. Long way to go to hang onto your recruits in the age of NIL and poaching.
PJ Fleck has a three-point strategy: 1. Secure the top in-state players and the neighboring colder climate states; 2. Aggressively recruit H.S. high-value players elsewhere who are not available in-state; 3. Aggressively target experienced players in the transfer portal for instant upgrades in talent and experience and to shore up the depth chart.

He knows that the early NSD and the regular NSD are ways out on the recruiting calendar. If he loses any commitments, he has an alternate plan ready.

Coaches in the middling tier all struggle with last-minute poaching. We know why PJ Fleck lost his hair.

PJ Fleck has a three-point strategy: 1. Secure the top in-state players and the neighboring colder climate states; 2. Aggressively recruit H.S. high-value players elsewhere who are not available in-state; 3. Aggressively target experienced players in the transfer portal for instant upgrades in talent and experience and to shore up the depth chart.

He knows that the early NSD and the regular NSD are ways out on the recruiting calendar. If he loses any commitments, he has an alternate plan ready.

Coaches in the middling tier all struggle with last-minute poaching. We know why PJ Fleck lost his hair.
It seems like that is his strategy. It is way better than the Underpants Gnomes strategy of 1) Steal underpants 2) ??? 3) Profit. Sorry, but the South Park part of my brain was activated by your analysis.

We have a lot of anticipation for the shape of the first recruiting class in the new Big Ten Era.

We can only hope that everything pans out and that Max Brosmer can lead the Gophers successfully through the untested waters. The Gophers will be better than advertised.

Don't forget: 4. Not allow a recruit to leave before they commit and post about it on social media.

According to Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin fans anyways.

saw a tweet from Ryan Burns that the Gophers just had an official visit from a CB from Tampa, Fla.

the name - Serious Stinyard.

I hope he commits just for the name.

Mike Grimm would go nuts with that one - "and that's a serious hit by Serious Stinyard....."
Wonder if anyone has ever gone crazy man John McEnroe on him: “You can not be serious!!!”

Or, if he’s ever replied to “that” question, with: “I am serious - and don’t call me Shirley!”

saw a tweet from Ryan Burns that the Gophers just had an official visit from a CB from Tampa, Fla.

the name - Serious Stinyard.

I hope he commits just for the name.

Mike Grimm would go nuts with that one - "and that's a serious hit by Serious Stinyard....."

Still has upcoming officials to both Kansas schools and USF

Best bets to commit are two OL guys from the west coast and an RB named Shane Marshall who is a South Florida commit. A WR named Legend Lyons is a guy they might take if they do not get a higher ranked WR name Terrance Smith.

Best bets to commit are two OL guys from the west coast and an RB named Shane Marshall who is a South Florida commit. A WR named Legend Lyons is a guy they might take if they do not get a higher ranked WR name Terrance Smith.

hold it.......are you telling me the Gophers are recruiting players named "Serious" and "Legend?"

my imagination suggests that the Gophers are recruiting people based on whether they have cool names. (PJ to scouts - Can this guy play? and the response - "who cares if he can play, he's got a great name!"

hold it.......are you telling me the Gophers are recruiting players named "Serious" and "Legend?"

my imagination suggests that the Gophers are recruiting people based on whether they have cool names. (PJ to scouts - Can this guy play? and the response - "who cares if he can play, he's got a great name!"
You can almost write an Abbott and Costello like routine with some of these names.

Elite Eliason is visiting next week.

You know we’re going to have to shell out NIL like crazy for those names.

Top Bottom