Movies that hold up vs. those that don't

A bit of a twist on my annual viewing this year. After my golf was cancelled due to cold weather I was looking at the movie listings for an early matinee with a particular new movie in mind. Turns out as part of its 30th Anniversary, Dazed and Confused was showing at 4:20 pm.

It forced me to head to the theater at halftime of the Wolves game, set my DVR and shut my phone off.

It was great to see it again on a big screen. It holds up. Yet again.

"13 starters coming back, 22 lettermen. Looking tough!"

I do wonder how Lee High School football squad fared in the Fall of 1976.

It was a pleasant surprise to watch the Suns get run out of Target Center upon my return home.
Even though I saw it in the theater a couple of months ago, I rewatched it at home yesterday. It started as sort of an experiment to see how watching a movie with by BOSE/Earbuds for sound. By the time Aerosmith an the Credits were done, I was hooked in for the long haul.

It sort of gave it a Drive In Movie feel to it. The music soundtrack sounded awesome. Not sure I had picked up on it before, but with hearing it that way, I could pick up that when Pink was giving Mitch a ride home from the baseball game, he had Frampton Comes Alive playing in the car.

Also I noticed the old timer at the game who talks to Pink with the "13 starters coming back, 22 lettermen. Looking tough!" line, also says, "I hope this arm has 2000 yards in it". He's touching Pink's left arm. He's for sure a rightly though. When he crumples up Coach's pledge he chucks it with his right arm. Multiple times.

Even though I saw it in the theater a couple of months ago, I rewatched it at home yesterday. It started as sort of an experiment to see how watching a movie with by BOSE/Earbuds for sound. By the time Aerosmith an the Credits were done, I was hooked in for the long haul.

It sort of gave it a Drive In Movie feel to it. The music soundtrack sounded awesome. Not sure I had picked up on it before, but with hearing it that way, I could pick up that when Pink was giving Mitch a ride home from the baseball game, he had Frampton Comes Alive playing in the car.

Also I noticed the old timer at the game who talks to Pink with the "13 starters coming back, 22 lettermen. Looking tough!" line, also says, "I hope this arm has 2000 yards in it". He's touching Pink's left arm. He's for sure a rightly though. When he crumples up Coach's pledge he chucks it with his right arm. Multiple times.
I watched it Thursday night per custom. Really focused on background characters this time. Went to the Parkway the night before to see Spinal Tap. That's a lot of classic one liners in two nights.

I watched it Thursday night per custom. Really focused on background characters this time. Went to the Parkway the night before to see Spinal Tap. That's a lot of classic one liners in two nights.
I think I finally identified Renee Zellweger as an extra. She's really hard to spot with the resemblance to Joey Lauren Adams.

She's also a Senior and both are in the parking lot when Parker Posey wraps up the hazing. It's a wide shot and hard to tell which is which, plus they are both wearing Class of '77 shirts.

I'm sure though she's at the Moon Tower doing the beer bong early in the party.

Last edited:

Now watching the Firm from 1991 on the JVC BU 3000 that came with the movies. Seems ok.

Top Bottom