Former 5 star QB recruit Jaden Rashada is suing Florida HC Billy Napier and Florida Booster over failed NIL deal

Judge Wapner always said "Do you have the receipt? No? Case dismissed!" Plaintiff shuffles out to talk with Doug Llewelyn looking all down-trodden.

Doug: "How do you feel about the judge's decision?"

Plaintiff: "Pretty lousy."

Doug: "Did you learn anything valuable in the experience?"

Plaintiff: "Yeah. Next time I'm going to keep the f*ckin' receipt!"

Cue theme music and here's the next case!

For people of a certain age it’s probably not hyperbole to say Wapner and the parade of SoCal characters in his tv courtroom played a formative role.

On the importance of contracts

we'll see what happens assuming the anti-trust settlement goes through and P5 schools begin direct revenue-sharing payments to athletes.

one of the attorneys who brought the anti-trust case said there are provisions in the settlement that would give schools more control over NIL. I've seen some speculation that this could lead to the outside collectives going away, but other people seem to think that the collectives will continue to operate as a supplement to the revenue-sharing. in either case, I would assume that individual athletes would still be able to make their own deals for jerseys, posters, endorsements, autograph signings, etc.

I think that could be the best solution - athletes get money directly from the schools, but if they want to run their own side hustle, they can do it on their own without having a collective involved.

For people of a certain age it’s probably not hyperbole to say Wapner and the parade of SoCal characters in his tv courtroom played a formative role.

On the importance of contracts

There have been myriad knock-offs of the original, but the Wapner-era The People's Court set--and remains--the gold standard of the genre. Maybe Rashada should just get on Judy Justice to get this sorted out.

There have been myriad knock-offs of the original, but the Wapner-era The People's Court set--and remains--the gold standard of the genre. Maybe Rashada should just get on Judy Justice to get this sorted out.

Oh man…I can just imagine what Judge Judy Sheindlin would say to ALL parties.

Last edited:

Top Bottom