Cam Christie is entering the Transfer Portal

A very fair & balanced article was posted...listing the pros & cons of going into the draft early. And guys here who hate Ben jumped all over it...saying Christie needs to go.

Listing all the same old tired arguments we've heard here a hundred times. Of course with the getting better coaching mantra.
I think he should’ve stayed in college another year but he’s gone and he’s not coming back so I wish him all the best and I’m glad we got him for one year

I get your in full blown meltdown mode. Your mad your angry and upset .. no one said he needed to go to get better coaching. Most of what I've read has been if an NBA team is looking at him as a developmental player the those teams interested in him would prefer he received coaching from within their organizations... Just like MLB... They sign kids to the minors to get them within the organization and that they recieve their training...

And yes the training and coaching cam will be receiving in the NBA is far better than what he would receive at the u.
Many here are saying he needs to go to get better coaching.

I visit a few Timberwolves boards and I'm surprised how many fans would be happy with Christie at #27, let alone #37.

Seems ridiculous for a "win now" team to grab a guy that needs at least 2-3 years development to contribute but what do I know...I love dill pickle potato chips.
I'm sure there's a bit of bias going on there, even if they're not all big Gophers fans.

I get your in full blown meltdown mode. Your mad your angry and upset .. no one said he needed to go to get better coaching. Most of what I've read has been if an NBA team is looking at him as a developmental player the those teams interested in him would prefer he received coaching from within their organizations... Just like MLB... They sign kids to the minors to get them within the organization and that they recieve their training...

And yes the training and coaching cam will be receiving in the NBA is far better than what he would receive at the u.
So I'm angry, upset, & melting down. And no one said Cam needed to leave to get better coaching.

And then you end by saying Cam will now be receiving far better training & coaching.

You guys seem unhinged to me.

I think he should’ve stayed in college another year but he’s gone and he’s not coming back so I wish him all the best and I’m glad we got him for one year
Based on what he should have stayed? To support a below average program? Charity?

Like why would a top 40 prospect ever come back? Make no mistake about it Love and others that have returned are only because they weren't going to be drafted.

Based on what he should have stayed? To support a below average program? Charity?

Like why would a top 40 prospect ever come back? Make no mistake about it Love and others that have returned are only because they weren't going to be drafted.
Supporting a below average program is exactly what WE are doing!

Supporting a below average program is exactly what WE are doing!
Speak for yourself, well define support? In Christies case it would have been forgoing millions of potential earnings

I will always be a gopher fan, I am a proud alum. But I no longer live in Minnesota and haven't gone to a game in years. I also watched exactly one full game last year. If you call that support, yeah I guess.

New regime and I will be back to where I was and tune in to 70-80% of the games

Last edited:

Speak for yourself, well define support? In Christies case it would have been forgoing millions of potential earnings

I will always be a gopher fan, I am a proud alum. But I no longer live in Minnesota and haven't gone to a game in years. I also watched exactly one full game last year. If you call that support, yeah I guess.

New regime and I will be back to where I was and tune in to 70-80% of the games
I guess if "support" means financial, neither of us qualify.
I am also an out of state alum who watches games on television.
That is what it is.

And no one should expect Christie to do it......
I agree with all this. Christie doesn't know us from Adam. He owes us nothing. And I'm not wishing him well...any more or less than I'd wish anyone well.

These players have no connection whatsoever to us or to the University Of Minnesota.

In the past...there used to be at least some connection or appearance of a connection at times. But those days are gone now.

Top Bottom