All Things Gopher Baseball

Kendall Rogers posting that Connor Gandossy has been hired as hitting coach/recruiting coordinator (previously in same role for Creighton last 7 years), and Sean Moore has also been hired (previously Iowa director of player development for 1 year, Penn State assistant prior). Alec Crawford promoted to pitching coach.

From a source in the AD: decent chance baseball will not be considered a "Tier 1" sport starting 2025 and no scholarships will be offered (along with tennis, golf, track, CC, swimming)

I for one would be so pissed...

From a source in the AD: decent chance baseball will not be considered a "Tier 1" sport starting 2025 and no scholarships will be offered (along with tennis, golf, track, CC, swimming)

I for one would be so pissed...

Wow, so you're saying baseball wouldn't get any scholarship money for athletes?

They are allotted 11.7 scholarships now that can be spread out amongst the roster.

Every player would be a walk-on or rely on some sort of NIL?

Wow, so you're saying baseball wouldn't get any scholarship money for athletes?

They are allotted 11.7 scholarships now that can be spread out amongst the roster.

Every player would be a walk-on or rely on some sort of NIL?

Yep, isn't that nuts? The AD goal will be to be competitive in hoops and football- so they get nearly all the $; other sports be damned. With the U's track record I doubt they will be successful

Yep, isn't that nuts? The AD goal will be to be competitive in hoops and football- so they get nearly all the $; other sports be damned. With the U's track record I doubt they will be successful
I would be livid if they did this, and frankly find it crazy they would be seriously considering it.

I would be livid if they did this, and frankly find it crazy they would be seriously considering it.
All the money that the idiots said basketball and football made was just being stockpiled was actually going to support the non-revenue sports. So after we start paying players, the other sports won’t get supported. Just the way it is. And we get insulated on this site with super fans but me and many just like me are completely disinterested in the new model. They have slaughters the golden goose and are too dumb to see it.

Watching the Super Regionals got me nostalgic about the 2018 Gopher Super Regional team that played Oregon State. Looked back and that Oregon State team that eventually won the title had Adley Rutschman, Trevor Larnach, Steven Kwan, Nick Madrigal, and Dean Rasmussen. And not to mention that their best player was Luke Heimlich, who was a 2 time All American pitcher who didn't play pro ball because it was found out that he pleaded guilty to molesting a niece when he was 15(later denied he did it) and no one would draft him.

That was one stacked team. And we fought them pretty good in that Super Regional.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I appreciate every coach who took the time to reach out to me these last few days and I wish you all the best. With that said, I have decided to stay home and play for the University of Minnesota 〽️❤️ <a href="https://t.co/ow2RD33S4l">pic.twitter.com/ow2RD33S4l</a></p>&mdash; Easton Richter (@easton_richter) <a href="">June 11, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They both were at Juco's and they had seasons suspended while there from Covid. From my understanding they can get 1 more year, but not at the D1 level. It has to be D2, D3 or NAIA
Thanks. I thought the NCAA was honoring the NJCAA ruling via waiver even for D1, but evidently not.

With the draft still to come, this team is going is going to look quite a bit different next year.

Top Bottom