All Things About Golf

Scheffler is your 2024 Masters Champion. Such a calm and relaxed dude. Now something even better is about to happen. The birth of his first child

Woof. Rahm is +4 through six holes. Might have something to do with being paid hundreds of millions of dollars to play exhibition golf.

You don't drive around a police roadblock unless the police tell you it's OK. Driving 101.

You don't drive around a police roadblock unless the police tell you it's OK. Driving 101.
It's hard to say but in this instance I tend to believe him. He seems like a great guy and I doubt meant to do anything he wasn't supposed to.
"This morning, I was proceeding as directed by police officers," Scheffler said in a statement. "It was a very chaotic situation, understandably so considering the tragic accident that had occurred earlier, and there was a big misunderstanding of what I thought I was being asked to do. I never intended to disregard any of the instructions. I'm hopeful to put this to the side and focus on golf today.
Scheffler's attorney, Steven Romines, told ESPN that the golfer attempted to enter Valhalla Golf Club as he had been instructed to earlier, unaware there had been a fatal wreck just up the road.

"He was going into Valhalla to work out," Romines said. "He was getting ready for his tee time. They were directing traffic. He held his credential out and was going in like they'd been instructed to. Apparently, there had been a traffic accident, maybe even a fatality, down the road, and that had changed the traffic patterns, and he was unaware of that."

Rainy, wet crappy day today. I wonder if it favors the guys playing early or late. Most of the low scores yesterday were shot by the guys playing early.

I don't like betting favorites in golf (I never bet Scheffler) but I did bet a little bit on Rory, and after a poor start yesterday, I actually but some bets on Jon Rahm to come back and be a factor, with bets on him winning it all, finishing Top 5, finishing top 10, and being the top Continental European finisher (no UK, no Rory).

Sprinkled a little on Finau and DeChambeau to close things off; long course, and those guys are not just long off the tee but good with their long game, 175-225 yds on a long course. DeChambeau at 40-1, why not throw $10 at it?

Situation keeps getting weirder

His damn pants!?

I don't keep track of a handicap (officially) since there's no real reason to at my level of play (probably around a 25-30). Way too much variance due to consistency and experimenting.....especially around the green. Played what was probably my best round yesterday at Edinburgh. Only nine over after 16 holes with nine pars. Ended up with an 88 after shooting a +4 on hole 17 (which is a really tough hole) and a triple bogey on 18. Tainted what would have been an unreal round for me.....but came away with plenty of confidence.

This is like the bleeping 3M Open. Absolutely no penalties for any missed shot. Part of it is soft greens, but part of it is set up. It’s stupid to have 4 yards of thick rough between the fairway and the water.

They must have idiots running the show. The charges should have been dropped immediately......considering that the "officer" didn't have his body camera on......and considering that he sounds like an overzealous dope who probably shouldn't even have a badge.

They must have idiots running the show. The charges should have been dropped immediately......considering that the "officer" didn't have his body camera on......and considering that he sounds like an overzealous dope who probably shouldn't even have a badge.

There is an unsubstantiated rumor that the cop involved had placed bets against Scheffler to finish in the Top 3. Just imagine if that was actually the scenario. 😮

There is an unsubstantiated rumor that the cop involved had placed bets against Scheffler to finish in the Top 3. Just imagine if that was actually the scenario. 😮

It would make a weird story weirder. And the cop would be in big trouble himself if that were the case.

Kind of what we all thought. So damn sad

I was really, really hoping that it would not be this, but you had to think it was possible. As someone who has lost someone really close to depression, my heart and prayers go out to his family. Sounds like his fiancee was really helping him a lot, I'm sure she's just crushed with this. Hard to watch some of the interviews with some of the other Tour players, like Malnati, and not get emotional with them.

RIP Grayson Murray.

Top Bottom