All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

You got them beating Boston?
If they are playing like this, absolutely. Is Porzingas going to be able to play? If so, how effective? How does Boston protect the rim with only Al Horford inside? I will guarantee that Boston will make Irving and Doncic actually work on the defensive end, so maybe that will slow their offensive game, but nobody knows how to rest on defense like Doncic.

If they are playing like this, absolutely. Is Porzingas going to be able to play? If so, how effective? How does Boston protect the rim with only Al Horford inside? I will guarantee that Boston will make Irving and Doncic actually work on the defensive end, so maybe that will slow their offensive game, but nobody knows how to rest on defense like Doncic.
Boston will not look as slow. No way Dallas will score like they are in this series.

Boston will not look as slow. No way Dallas will score like they are in this series.
You may be right. I wouldn't call myself an NBA expert by any means. I know that Horford and Porzingas are not as athletic as Lively and Gafford, so I don't think they can handle them inside, but I guess it'll depend on how Boston's wing players can guard. It's not like Edwards and McDaniels and even Alexander-Walker are "slow" guys playing defense.

I'm most interested to see how Boston handles the Dallas pick and roll. Whatever Mazzulla (and even getting some ideas from Brad Stevens) will be LIGHT years ahead of whatever the hell the Wolves are trying to do. You think they will hang Horford or Porzingas out to dry like Finch and Nori have done to Gobert?

You may be right. I wouldn't call myself an NBA expert by any means. I know that Horford and Porzingas are not as athletic as Lively and Gafford, so I don't think they can handle them inside, but I guess it'll depend on how Boston's wing players can guard. It's not like Edwards and McDaniels and even Alexander-Walker are "slow" guys playing defense.

I'm most interested to see how Boston handles the Dallas pick and roll. Whatever Mazzulla (and even getting some ideas from Brad Stevens) will be LIGHT years ahead of whatever the hell the Wolves are trying to do. You think they will hang Horford or Porzingas out to dry like Finch and Nori have done to Gobert?

Can't imagine they'll have a worse defensive gameplan than Finch.

Can't imagine they'll have a worse defensive gameplan than Finch.
Not possible. This stupid drop coverage is putting Gobert in an absolute no-win situation. Give Doncic that easy 8-10 foot pull-up or step up and get a dunk behind you.

Not possible. This stupid drop coverage is putting Gobert in an absolute no-win situation. Give Doncic that easy 8-10 foot pull-up or step up and get a dunk behind you.

Yup. I've hated watching it. Somehow the guy on Luka gets behind him and then guards midcourt as he inches closer to the rim. Mind-numbingly bad.

Ant refuses to get a shot off at end of qtr's. That's his thing.

Put in Miller and Minnot.

I've seen enough of this schit.

I think Barkley at halftime was right. They played like they were just happy they didn't get swept.

That's what it seemed like to me too.

It's like the Denver series completely zapped them. They never had the same energy against the Mavs and were always a step slow. Once they got down in the series, they put together enough energy to win game 4, and then had nothing left last night.

Frustrating for a mostly young team. But this is also why young teams rarely win it all.

That's what it seemed like to me too.

It's like the Denver series completely zapped them. They never had the same energy against the Mavs and were always a step slow. Once they got down in the series, they put together enough energy to win game 4, and then had nothing left last night.

Frustrating for a mostly young team. But this is also why young teams rarely win it all.
I think they were cocky too after they got passed nuggets

I think they were cocky too after they got passed nuggets
The Game 7 win in DEN was so emotional and hard-fought, I can understand how difficult it must have been to recapture that fire in the next round.

I'm certainly disappointed but I couldn't be more proud of this team. It was a tremendous season with eight months of great accomplishments and a glimpse at a very exciting future.

Go Wolves!!!

Feels a lot like 2019 Gopher football to me. Relatively speaking, it's a great season simply because it out-paces the norm. But it's largely a squandered opportunity to go to the next level and make something really special happen.

There’s no denying last nights game totally sucked but people are talking as if Dallas came in and did that to us 4 times. Reality is there were 4 toss up games of which we lost 3, and one stinker. Dallas is better than us but not in a whole different league.

Feels a lot like 2019 Gopher football to me. Relatively speaking, it's a great season simply because it out-paces the norm. But it's largely a squandered opportunity to go to the next level and make something really special happen.
Ooof....it must be a horrible experience for you as a fan of sports to enjoy so little.

Ever spent six (6) hours trolling on a beautiful lake without catching a fish? How about watching your dog work a field flushing birds without ever pulling the trigger?

There's so much to enjoy in life even if you never reach the top of the food chain, my friend.

Ooof....it must be a horrible experience for you as a fan of sports to enjoy so little.

Ever spent six (6) hours trolling on a beautiful lake without catching a fish? How about watching your dog work a field flushing birds without ever pulling the trigger?

There's so much to enjoy in life even if you never reach the top of the food chain, my friend.

As my good friend used to remind me, “The joy is in the Journey.”

I was at the game last night and you have to see the Dallas centers in person to realize just how big and bouncy they are. Rudy played pretty well but he looked old and slow compared to Lively and Gafford.

I assumed that Boston would beat either the wolves or the mass. Now I'm not so sure. Luka and Kyrie are punishing but Dallas was limited because they had no inside presence, offensively or defensively, until they got those centers. I think Kyrie and Luka will cancel out Tatum and Brown. Let's see what Washington, Gafford and Lively can do against Porzingis and Horford. Should be a long series.

Fishing bores me and I don't hunt. You have fun though.

Top Bottom